Feeling down - this world is crazy. Lift me up with

:laughing:

These are fantastic! I agree the sisters are some of the best character interaction a guest can have. They are so in character and soooooooooo vile! LOL

1 Like

Been years and donā€™t have a digital pic, but when boys were about 7 and 5 we were on a trip and I got laryngitis. We met Kermit in Hollywood studios and as our pic was being snapped I said (in my very scratchy voice) "Kermit, I sound just like you. He put his hands on his hips like he was offended. It was cuteā€¦guess ya had to be there. Thanks for starting this post @OBNurseNH

7 Likes

The only guess Iā€™ve ever made is that a CM or someone must have told Mickey as we entered. Iā€™m one of those ppl who likes talking to CM - if they are interested - so I probably introduced myself to multiple CM while in queue.

1 Like

My 14 year old son is ā€œtoo big for all the character stuffā€ his words. At the SW DP we talked him into meeting the characters, as he is a big SW fan.
He admits he got "star struck on the Kylo Ryn. I think this is my favorite because it was so unexpected for him to react this way, for me and himself.

14 Likes

Howā€™s that hand healing up?

3 Likes

1900 Park Fareā€¦The stepsisters are amazing! My 16 year old daughter had a random airplane blanket tied around her neck for some reason. One of the stepsisters told her to pose like she was flying and she flapped the cape around my daughter while cackling uproariously. I was never so thankful for iPhone Live Photos.

9 Likes

A Long long time ago in Disneyland my wife and I were resting in an out of the way place near Space mountain with our 2 young sons and 2 young nieces. From nowhere comes Mickey AND Minnie. They interacted with the kids for a couple of minutes and then proceeded to dance with them. They dance for several minutes. In the mean-time a few other kids had finally noticed Mickey and Minnie and tried to get their attention. Minnie and Mickey seemed to ignore the other kids and continued to dance with our kids.
We will never forget this. The amount of time spent with our kids, the absent of people around and how excited our kids were. And it was Mickey and Minnie.
As I stated earlier, it was long long time ago. This would NEVER happen now a days.

5 Likes

This was at the Pirate Training that they used to have at MK. My sweet middle child got to be the center of attention for once and it was so much fun to see! I wish they hadnā€™t cancelled this.

13 Likes

Next trip is not until April :frowning: Iā€™ve been trying to finagle a way to get down there, even solo, sooner but thereā€™s just so much life stuff between now and then that April is the most reasonable time frame.

We always meet characters. Iā€™m looking forward to the Trattoria breakfast most of all I think

3 Likes

That is going to be AMAZING!!! Oh my gosh I am so excited for you!! When is this???

1 Like

Haha! Frog in your throat?? :wink:

2 Likes

This is one of my favorite things about WDW. We all get to be a kid again.

And FWIW, Kylo Ren is quite formidable!

LOVE your sonā€™s hat!!!

5 Likes

Thatā€™s fantastic!!!

Magicband? Like when you ride Everest or RnRC and your name pops up on a poster?

3 Likes

Itā€™s possible, but this was 2013. MagicBands were still brand new, year 1?, and couldnā€™t do all the fun things they can now. On this trip they still had paper FP kiosks. I was able to get 3 paper passes along with the 3 FPP at all times. We waited for nothing that trip! My DW, who hates queues, is so spoiled and still doesnā€™t get why all other trips arenā€™t like that one!

2 Likes

What a special, once-in-a-lifetime experience! <3

1 Like

AH! One of my favorite experiences ever was Pirate Tutorial! My son was also chosen to fight Jack Sparrow! I have a fantastic shot of the sword fight. Forever a favorite!

Also, IMO the pirate dress up thing is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than BBB!

5 Likes

Iā€™ll start by saying that we are not character people. We did a couple of character meals on our first trip to let our girls meet some princesses (agree that the stepsisters are awesome) but we never line up to meet characters in the parks.

However, on our last trip we were walking across HS towards the end of morning EMH to ride Star Tours. We passed the entrance to Olafā€™s meet and greet and there was no line. Iā€™m not sure what came over me but suddenly I really wanted to meet Olaf. I dragged my reluctant family to the entrance and we waited for the one group in front of us to finish. When it was our turn my teens slipped past to the exit wanting nothing to do with this but DH and I went up to Olaf who greeted us with warm hugs. I couldnā€™t stop laughing and smiling. The photopass photographer got some awesome shots, even catching my daughters by the exit! An unexpected and fun experience.

5 Likes

Tusker House: My autograph book has pictures of Mickey in all the corners of the pages and Donald drew a ā€œvillainā€ mustache on him.

Chip and Dale at HS at Christmas: One of them blew his nose on his scarf and then proceeded to wipe his scarf off on my jacket. I was laughing so hard.

Tinker Bell: She complimented my granddaughter on making a picture of BB8 out of Pixie Dust and putting it on her shirt.

Buzz and Woody: Per Kenny the Pirateā€™s suggestion, granddaughter asked if she could press Buzzā€™s ā€œresetā€ button. He happily agreed and then Woody started freaking out and the CM had to reprimand Buzz for almost setting off his ā€œlaserā€ indoors instead of the reset button.

Jake: I wanted to meet Jake because I love his show. So him and I hunted pirates together.

6 Likes

(whistles nonchalantly)

2 Likes