Favorite Off Property Resort

Looking for an Off-Property Resort. Did a quick search and can’t find a thread specific to this so starting this one.

I know I’ve seen a ton of them mentioned here but for the life of me cannot remember the names.

Can you share your faves?

I think one of them that I’m thinking of is @amvanhoose_701479 recent-ish stay.

1 Like

I’d stay at https://www.bluegreenvacations.com/resorts/florida/the-fountains#gref

Or-

2 Likes

I think the Wyndham Grand BC is the one I’m thinking of most.

I’ll check that other one out too!

Thanks!

I helped a family plan an off site trip. We ended up with Wyndom Bonnet Creek. They had four adults and a child and needed the full kitchen (severe life threatening allergies). They loved it.

These days Flamingo Crossing has some great feedback and the cottages (?) at Margaritaville have some deals?

1 Like

Thanks for that endorsement! That’s the one I’m leaning towards and this is great to read!

They were scared because they were told driving to the parks would be a challenge but they rented a car and said it was a quick/easy drive.

The family members I’m helping on this one aren’t doing the parks but want to be in that area :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Are they limiting to resorts, or are a house/condo an option?
In a week I’ll be able to report on our Winsor Hills condo.

1 Like

Keep in mind that the hotel (Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek) and resort (Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek) are two distinctly separate experiences. One is a hotel and one is a timeshare resort (with full kitchen, laundry), but they do share facilities.

We stayed at CWBC in 2020, but due to changes Wyndham made, it was much harder to rent during peak dates in 2021. The other favorites we’ve heard Disney folks mention are the Sheraton Vistana Resort (across I-4, opposite Disney Springs) and another smaller resort, the Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort on I-Drive. We stayed at the Vistana Villages in 2021.

Location-wise, definitely hard to beat CWBC for a Disney-focused trip.

3 Likes

For CWBC, @disneygirlmama had a pretty thorough trip report here:

In 2020, I booked CWBC directly from an owner I found on TugBBS (no intermediary, so could be cheaper, but potentially riskier).
In 2021, I booked SVV from Koala, a broker type site: https://www.go-koala.com

Another site to look for timeshare rentals is RedWeek (no personal experience): Orlando Timeshares | RedWeek

2 Likes

Yes, this is an important distinction. CWBC are basically apartments. I believe WGBC is traditional hotel rooms.

We stayed at CWBC in June 2021. We loved the property and the kids had a great time exploring all the different pools.

The location relative to the parks and Disney Springs is excellent, and it was great having kitchen/laundry. We had 7 people in a 2 bedroom/2 bath.

We would absolutely stay there again if staying offsite.

I believe the website posted above is the “official” one where excess timeshare inventory is rented out.

We originally booked through Airbnb from a timeshare owner, but a couple days later, Wyndham unexpectedly put new blackout days on their “guest” timeshares (days when people can checkin without the timeshare owner accompanying them). The owner we were booking through hadn’t booked us yet and had to refund us. So if booking from a timeshare owner, make sure they get it booked in your name ASAP.

Luckily, our dates mostly overlapped with @sliddlenc_686656 and she was able to buy extra points and hook us up. :heart: Definitely our fairy godmother that trip!

She’s stayed there multiple times so is a good one to ask questions.

3 Likes

Marriott World Resort, specifically Sabal Palms. 2 miles from the closest park.

1 Like

Thanks for the shout out. So glad it all worked out!

2 Likes