FastPass on its way back?

I would do lunch at one of the resorts before hopping. I don’t really like the food at HS. I’m probably going to go to HS for Star Wars then take the boat to cape may cafe and then hop to another park.

1 Like

Ya, that’s what we’ll probably do but we shouldn’t have to. We’re there during food and wine and staying at BWI. We should be able to hop there for lunch if we want.

1 Like

Agreed. Hopefully the reservation system and hopping rules completely go away soon.

2 Likes

i did too!!!

I saw new kiosks yesterday on the “guest side” of the Epcot construction wall, in The Seas area. Have a photo but not sure how to post from my phone. I know the ones in Tomorrowland have been there for a while but one of them was uncovered today (but not on, I made sure to take a closer look) and it looks identical to the old FP kiosks. I really think something is in the works.

4 Likes

This upload button should bring up your files with recent photos, etc.

3 Likes

These are just to the left of the “butterfly wings” wall on The Seas/The Land/Imagination side.

This wall:

6 Likes

Another group posted photos of CMs moving similar FP machines into (some area that escapes me now) and turning them on earlier today.

5 Likes

Grumble, grumble.

3 Likes

Our trip is in 17 days. I’ve been to WDW once (in the before times). How many more changes am I going to have thrown at me before my eye starts to twitch uncontrollably?

5 Likes
  1. A David Ortiz number of changes. You could do worse.
3 Likes

Touche

I’m grumbling with you.

1 Like

We leave in 16 (although will not get to Disney for a week after that). I was just commenting to a friend that normally I would have my schedule laminated by now! I knew things would be changing, but I did not expect quite this fast.

3 Likes

FP is going to be back in some capacity on October 1st, whether old system or new. Can’t imagine they won’t test it for a month before the big day. Let’s say it starts 9/1. So in theory they should release the details at least 60 days before that date: so I think we’ll hear something by 7/1. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

That looks like FP machines, but if WDW is trying to get people to use MDE and their phones more and more, why bring back the machines?

3 Likes

Well, they did a refurb of the Keys to the World cards when they stopped giving the MB’s.

I can also see an increased need for them in the beginning. Assuming they add FP’s starting the day after their announcement, there will be people mid-trip. Most of those people mid-trip won’t have access to their computer to make fast passes.

It could also be sign it will be fast passes without the plus. Therefore people without phones will need the FP machines.

1 Like

Good point, maybe going back to something more in line with the old paper pass system which allowed more access to guests overall.

I just can’t comprehend WDW going back to this …mind blown.

2 Likes

I did not mean paper passes but maybe a virtual pass, if you think about it the ROTR BG @ 1 PM works the same way as the old paper system but using MDE,

2 Likes