FastPass on its way back?

I was thinking that maybe if fp goes to a paid option via genie, they would have a small amount of paper fps for everyone else.

It should be pointed out that FastPass+ kiosks were always a thing. Most didnā€™t use/need them because of the appā€¦but they had them for those who did not have the app.

So, the return of the kiosks could simply mean the return of FP+. (Of course, it could mean something else.)

2 Likes

Itā€™ll be for obtaining passes for those people who have downloaded but canā€™t figure out the Genie App

Yes folks, itā€™s the Genie App Support Pass.
The GAS-Pass

If you canā€™t plan your trip, you can relax and let it all go in the parks
GAS-Passing

16 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Saw this over on chat.

12 days until Disney. I remain hopeful.

4 Likes

I just saw this and came to see if it had been posted here. My trip isnā€™t until 2022 and Iā€™m feeling impatient waiting to see what they are going to do, I canā€™t imagine how you people with trips this summer must be feeling!

5 Likes

My theory is that they have to announce the return of character meet and greets before they can announce the return of any sort of free FP, because they need those character interactions to eat up a lot of the FPs for people who are desperate to meet a princess or darth vader or whatever/provide enough lower-level FP options.

Otherwise, if we get a FP announce before a character meet and green announce, itā€™ll definitely be a pay-for-play sitch.

5 Likes

You make us parents of young kids who use FP+ to meet certain characters sound pretty pathetic :slight_smile:

5 Likes

No, not at all!! Iā€™m just as ā€œdesperateā€ to ride more rides :joy: Weā€™re all FPing for good reasons!

I wanna guess that character FPs made up like 25-33% of all FPs in the before times? Without those thrown in, I just donā€™t see there being enough to go around to bring back FPP.

3 Likes

Iā€™m a woman in my 40s with no small kids who uses FP to meet certain characters :woman_shrugging: No shame.

13 Likes

I really canā€™t wait to see what these are all about! The lines to use these will be longer than the rides. There has to be another element to this - Iā€™m hoping itā€™s a prepaid option to add before even arriving

1 Like

The machines have always been around. They are supplementalā€¦meaning, you can use them if you want (or if you donā€™t have a phone running MDE). If you have your phone with MDE, there was never a need to use the machines with FPP.

Yes, Iā€™ve seen them used in the parks in both 2016 and 2018. But there were no long lines. It looked to me like mostly people who were having issues with their app on their phone.

Why are these machines necessary in 2021? There is always someone in a party with a cell phone right.

Guest Services could help if youā€™re having app trouble?

2 Likes

Believe it or not, there are still people out there who are not tech-savvy. I got my dad his first smart phone a year or so ago, and he still can do little more than text/call with it!

Even so, I think having the machines reduces reliance on using paid CMs to resolve issues, rather than sending everyone to Guest services.

I do figure they will eventually eliminate themā€¦but I donā€™t think we are there yet.

3 Likes

Sigh. Iā€™m really gonna have to figure out this Fast Pass Plus nonsense, ainā€™t I? Ugh. My brain is tired just from trying to adjust to the new normal of huge crowds even in the off-season and having to set an alarm to get an ADR at a resort restaurant. (Itā€™s not even a character meal!) I canā€™t even.

I repeat: Ugh.

2 Likes

We were directed by CM to use the fast pass machine when the app glitched on us during our 2019 trip. They werenā€™t used often, but people do still use them.

3 Likes

I often saw people using the fast pass machines. As did myself from time to time. Those machine were sometimes more relaible than the app and was quicker to resfresh. There have even been times when there was a fast pass i wanted available in the machime that was not showing up on my phone. No scientific reason to believe it was anything more than a coincedence when that did happen but I am not gonna lie that I have checked those machines when I would pass them just in case.

2 Likes

There used to be wicked lines for them. But that was before it was an option on your phone.

3 Likes

Lines for a machine that helps you not wait in lines for a rideā€¦.genius. Ha jk

9 Likes