"Family versus The Beasts" Trip Report (08/02/20 - 08/15/20)

This one.

I want to sleep on a fixed platform “upscale” tent overlooking the savanna. SWOON

This. All of this. I want to be immersed in it. I don’t want to be at a fancy spa hotel.

I have an east Africa itinerary on my short list.

YES PLEASE!!!

I would love if I could add on some time with the gorillas in Rwanda and a couple of days in South Africa. But I am not made of money. I will have to be happy with 7-12 days in east Africa and call it good.

I can’t hardly wait.

3 Likes

If I had been typing on my computer, I may have used FOP. But on a phone, it is awkward to type all caps. Avatar is easier to type for me on a phone. Like I said, I use both.

Ah, the tyranny of the live blog.

2 Likes

We only rode standby at RD and we didn’t see it, I don’t know if they used the FP line at that time - the park wasn’t open and we were in the first hundred or so to get in.

If it’s any consolation, World Showcase isn’t fully open anyway. Hopefully by December they might have more open, maybe even Ratatouille (latest is it should be ready by October, but they may not open it until “things” are more stable). Although not the Cultural Programme CMs, sadly.

2 Likes

At World Showcase I spend at least an hour in every pavilion, with any attraction time on top of that, and that’s being speedy for me! I love it. I love looking at the architecture and the details like the lighting; did you know each nation has it’s own style of lamp light? And that almost every pavilion has a replica of at least one genuine landmark / structure - Mexico and France being the exceptions because I refuse to count an Eiffel Tower stuck on a roof like an aerial as a replica. Have you been inside the buildings in Morocco, for example? Or looked at the interior of the tea shop in the U.K., where each part represents a different century from the 17th to 20th?

2 Likes

Yup. To all of that except the teashop part I suppose. I always noticed the different “styles” of it, but i figured it was because of what it was selling (expensive vs inexpensive) . I’ve even seen the Pooh-bedroom.

Just because I’m fast doesn’t mean i’m unobservant, or that I’m skipping things. :wink: And if you can spend an hour in every pavilion, including Italy and Germany, then that’s great, but I can’t (mosly cause if I spend too much time in Italy’s perfume shop, I’ll get choked out :nauseated_face:)

1 Like

Call it whatever you want😂 I call it Avatar and Pandoras Flight (the later being even less “correct”)

1 Like

There is one structure in Morocco that I am sure to visit every time :laughing:

1 Like

That was such a sweet meet and greet spot. Miss that.

1 Like

You people should be banned from WDW. You’re a disgrace.

6 Likes

When the Skyliner first opened, there was an hourly bus service during Skyliner operational hours.

Since re-opening they have done what was always intended and cut the buses entirely during Skyliner operations.

1 Like

I think it’s going to stay as is now. It was always intended, and included in the business plan to do so.

In years BC (before children), 1994, in October. We planned to do it before starting a family deliberately.

1 Like

So if you look at the walls and floor, the windows, beams, even the relative height of each of the rooms you’ll see the development.

Oh I don’t spend much time actually browsing in the shops, that’s extra. :joy: Like I’ll try and spot the four different towns in Norway (although the _¥^ Frozen restaurant expansion ruined that). And look in the Stave Church at the construction of the roof and marvel at how effective that actually is in dealing with the snow.

Or wonder how in the world they managed to screw up the St Mark’s Square (using undeveloped negatives is one apocryphal tale), and wonder if I dare pass through the arch (I haven’t and I wouldn’t even call myself superstitious but somehow just can’t do it :joy:).

And see if I can work out the story of the carvings in the China pavilion.

Errrr, the meet and greet was back, sometime before the closure of the parks.

Perhaps, but it has been a long time since we did it. Ergo, I miss it.

1 Like

Yeah. Ours was our honeymoon.
Pre-internet. We went with a travel company which took care of all the details. These days the travel control freak in me might not like that experience. But - maybe it would be nice. We went all over. It was incredible.

1 Like

I am always lost with most of the acronyms and know I’m missing important details. I need a decoder ring

2 Likes

A decoder ring would be amazing!!! It could be a promotion with a 2-3 year subscription!

2 Likes