Face Masks

Heyyyy it was me! Aren’t they nice?!

3 Likes

It just occurred to be that masks with the face- touching material made from an athletic fabric that wicks moisture might be worth trying. I’m going to see if I can get my hands on some, or maybe if I can cannibalize a shirt to try it.

2 Likes

I am very happy with the masks that we got from Bolder Athletic.

2 Likes

Went to Cincinnati outlets today and the Disney store was open and they had Masks for sale. 5.99 and they were selling like crazy. If you have an open store close, I’d stop in soon if you want them. Doubt they last long.

1 Like

Here’s a new posting on what is allowed as a mask on property: bandanas are a no and everything must have ear loops… create them for your gaiters. That’s how I read this anyway: Heads Up! Here's What ⚠️DOESN'T⚠️ Count as a Mask in Disney World! | the disney food blog

I think people wearing gaiters and not been stopped by CMs at the hotels so far, but I agree I would bring an alternate mask or ear loops just in case they don’t think your gaiter fits criteria 3.

Here’s Disney’s verbiage:

1. Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the guest to remain hands-free
  2. Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  3. Be secured with ties or ear loops
  4. Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable
2 Likes

Thanks for the clarity and verbiage @Jeff_AZ

1 Like

Interesting. Is Universal (still) allowing gaiters?

So if in fact no gaiter types (w/o ear loops or ties), it will be interesting to see guest pushback or problems. Disney can obviously set whatever parameters they want; and I would hope people making the effort to go would not be combative. But at some point, someone is going to be angry they can’t just use whatever face covering they want.

1 Like

The first line is missing. “Should” allows Disney some flexibility. We will have to wait and see how flexible they are in regards to gaiters. I think carrying an alternate mask is a good idea.

All face coverings should:

• Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops
  • Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable
2 Likes

I wanted to give an update on my Disney Face Mask - after wearing it more often, I like it more and more. It’s very soft and comfy. And I like that it doesn’t cover so much of my face - just the areas it is supposed to. And the ear loops are easy to attach on the go.

So, I’m warming up to it after not liking it as much at first. It may even be my preferred mask now.

3 Likes

In the live stream at Disney right now, they pointed out that people were, in fact, being allowed to wear gaiters.

4 Likes

That’s interesting. A CM who I follow on instagram when to AK today and almost wasn’t let in with his gaiter until he showed them that it has ear loops.

It is possible the folks that they saw wearing them also had ear loops. But all they mentioned was that they saw a few people wearing neck gaiters.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it looks like neck gaiters are now not acceptable.

3 Likes

Just saw this. Didn’t someone predict this a little while ago? Sorry I can’t remember who!

Probably a stupid question, but here it goes:

I just received my Old Navy masks. I remember someone saying to wash them before first use. Is that true?

Yes I have read the same thing. If nothing else, you would want to sanitize the mask from anyone who handled it prior to or during shipping. But also a garment is generally more comfortable after being washed once. Unless the mask is an N-95 or medical grade (which I assume Old Navy does not offer :wink:), you won’t be causing your mask to be less effective by washing it, and non-disposable masks should be washed after every use.

1 Like

So I just got back from a two night trip to a UK theme park. Masks were only compulsory while actually riding — not in the lines, not round the park. I wore those blue surgical masks. Admittedly this was briefly, and in UK weather, but it wasn’t awful. At least part of my issue with masks is psychological — I admit that.

Given that both WDW and UOR have rest areas where you can remove masks, my objection to wearing one (and therefore not visiting at all; I’m not being militant) is much less strong now.

1 Like

My general rule is that anything that is clothing or clothing-esque (non paper or N95 type masks) should be washed prior to wearing.

1 Like

Not to be a conspiracist, buuuuuuut it conveniently dovetails with the types of masks Disney ahs been selling.

just sayin’. :slightly_smiling_face:

ETA: Both on its website and now in the parks.

1 Like