Face Masks

But actually, are the acceptable anywhere? Aren’t they only 1 ply?

As far as I know, there’s no mandates on the thickness of the face covering anywhere.
And, just to add that the article referenced above even says that gaiters with loops have been allowed, but that “they don’t think it’s a good idea.”

1 Like

Wasn’t so much predicted as it was expected. But this is actually a lot more efficient/effective than anything I was expecting.

I like the mask vending machine given the “unprecedented circumstances,” but on the other hand, this is exactly the apocalyptic imagery that @sanstitre_has_left_the_building has warned against. Next they’ll start selling anti-zombie elixir.

3 Likes

They’ve already started selling anti-zombie elixer… they just disguised it as blue milk. The skyliner only exists because they needed a way to disguise their ultra plus 6.3G towers.

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Oh thank goodness. If it was the green milk, we’d have a problem!

Considering what generations before us endured, such as the Great Depression, dust storms, and world war 2(and the camps that went along with it) I’ll somehow muster the courage to survive the “apocalyptic” optics of “surgical masks in a vending machine“ and “masks on kids” :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

I’m thinking about all the evictions going on right now. I’m worried for ppl. Here we are talking about planning get aways to WDW and some are w/o shelter, job, food.

6 Likes

As I am. So we do what we can. If you can donate to food banks and other charities, do it. If you can volunteer time, do that too.

It’s not always directly about money to help others, but it is mostly a “find a need, fill a need” situation. So if you have another creative way to help others: rock on.

7 Likes

I wear one everyday in NY. I have gaiters that hold PM2.5 filters that are likely more effective than any multi layer cloth mask.

Neck gaiters are tighter than most cloth masks which prevents leakage around loose fitting ear loop masks.

ETA
The reason real N95 masks do not have ear loops is they do not provide a tight enough fit around the face. The “gold standard” of masks is not allowed by Disney’s ear loop recommendation.

Oh intersting. I never even thought of behind the head masks. A ton of people are making normally shaped face masks but with ties for behind the head instead of loops. I never thoughts of those not working anymore.

1 Like

I would have thought a gaiter would be better, too, for exactly that reason. But I guess the ones I’ve seen have only been single ply, really just to keep bugs out of a biker’s face.

Anyway, I have noticed just how much airflow happens around my surgical mask. No fit at all and it seems to be mostly around my eyes. I try to pinch the middle thing, but don’t think that works. I was thinking we need something that is bigger, goes right around, but leaves an extra nose hood, because my other problem is my mask will slide up my nose and halfway cover my eyes.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I tried this today. It really seemed to make a tighter fit with a paper mask. I’m not sure I would try it with a cloth mask.

8 Likes

Wow.

1 Like

I’ve been twisting mine which helps but this looks better.

1 Like

We’ve been doing this and not only does it make it more protective, but more comfortable also. Especially if you’re like me and have a very short face - most masks come right up to my eyes!!

It also has helped my autistic 5 year old acclimate to masks better. We’ve been practicing for school and WDW, and we’ve found that he tolerates paper masks better than cloth and has worn them for over an hour when we do this trick with the masks they show in the video.

2 Likes

When DS has had to wear a paper mask instead of his usual gaiter, I twist the earloops so that they fit his smaller face better.

1 Like

WDW approved face masks -Splash Mountain edition

3 Likes