DVC You There! - Now with Bonus Content

What do you regret? Not having access to the special events?

3 Likes

I have a small direct contract that gives me benefits- that said during the whole COVID reopening and the fiasco that booking was, I realized that there were, for me at least, that the booking restrictions are significantā€¦while I wouldnā€™t use my points to book an all star resort - I would gladly have paid the $95 fee + points to book Disneyland hotel. Same with wilderness cabins Adventures by disney cruises ect. - before it gets mentioned that this is a ā€œbadā€ use of points financially - I disagree wholeheartedly- my mfs are my vacation accommodations budget for the year. So if I wish go to DLP our accommodations need to be covered by mfs.

Yes I know most of these things can be accomplished by renting and even some of the major rental companies offer these but the few the times I have looked into it - I definitely do not like the terms of the agreements (specifically full access to my DVC account including passwords)
and the effort that needs to be put in a private rental, again just my opinion, is well worth the $95 fee to have MS handle itā€¦rather than my time investment in finding a renter, finding their reservation, hoping it will cover the cost of the trip and any tax implications and than if all the stars align I can book mine.

Unpopular opinion yes but thatā€™s where I stand -

4 Likes

Anyone who has dreamed of staying in a Treehouse Villa, now is the time.
The median price per night of deals Iā€™ve recorded: $903.
Today, a 1-day booking for 7/31 appeared forā€¦ $315. (They sleep 9!)

Would love to see a Liner grab this.

7 Likes

While Iā€™m at it - this 5-night Disney Vero Beach deal for $180 per night is pretty darn nice too.

6 Likes

FWIW: Someone just pointed out to me there is also a $147 Aulani rental I didnā€™t notice in the data for 7/29, if anyone happens to be in the neighborhood.

8 Likes

Perhaps I missed it, but does your spreadsheet exist somewhere for us to access?

5 Likes

While I was working on it I had only released it to a smallish group of peopleā€¦ still a work in progress, so would appreciate not sharing this out there widely yet, but you can find a link to it here in La Cava Del Chat.

(I tend to update it morning and evening daily if I have the time.)

Caveat: Google Sheets is not the ideal search engine tool, but Iā€™m able to cobble together spreadsheets quickly so here we are. :smiley:

Sometimes Sheets takes a little while to sync up when you make changes to the search, just the way it goes. Iā€™ve streamlined it as much as possible but if Sheets decides to take a break, sometimes you have to wait a minute to see the results.

8 Likes

Just a thought, if you donā€™t want it widely shared, you could put it in La Cava del Chat. It then wonā€™t show up on a Google search but subscribers can still access it.

7 Likes

Thank you! I wonā€™t share it at all but I enjoy playing with your spreadsheets!

4 Likes

Good idea, Iā€™ve done that with other threads not sure why it didnā€™t occur to me!
Dealing with auditor requests here this week, maybe my brain is fuzzy. :smiley:

Might change this post to reference a new La Cava one with the link laterā€¦

8 Likes

:rotating_light:
1-night rental for a 2BR BC Villa for $396 on Sept 6th. Dedicated Reservation Form
:rotating_light:

For reference, the median price of a 2BR BCV in my data is $982.

10 Likes

:rotating_light: Update! :rotating_light:

I added a new feature to the DVC search sheet - the Min price in the Cost Per Night results will now color code based on how much it differs from the median price for that specific Resort and SIMPLE room type combo.

Obviously, these median prices are based solely on the data Iā€™ve collected and not all DVC prices everywhere, so they will change over time as I gather more. But, since Iā€™ve been grabbing this data for a few months now, I think the median prices are fairly decent thumbnails of what to expect by now.

Iā€™m not differentiating between the various sub room types like Standard / Preferred / Boardwalk / ThemePark View / Mickey Comes to Your Room and Vacuums the Rug OR the pricing seasons because it would be a bear to do and make it too complicated.

Plus I donā€™t have pricing seasons anywhere in this data from the rental sites and I sure ainā€™t going to try to recreate it. Personally, I just want to know how these rooms compare to my just booking a resort room from Disney directly, which was my original goal.

Anyway, Iā€™m thinking just seeing that if a price is aā€¦

Shade of Green = Less than the median price
and
Shade of Red = More than median

ā€¦can give you a quick idea where a deal falls in the scheme of things.

I added an FAQ tab to the sheet with a color-coding legend and some more info. Below is an example of some rentals and how they look compared to the legend.

12 Likes

We donā€™t deserve you.

11 Likes

I have been trying to get this category for as long as Iā€™ve been a member. Itā€™s like impossible.

8 Likes

Yes

5 Likes

Unrelated to DVC but can I just say OMGGGG

8 Likes

ok. for $19 Iā€™ll drive 2 hrs to LGA. and fly Frontier. Those are killer prices!

8 Likes

Why the heck do I have to be a responsible human being.

6 Likes

saving on airfare IS responsible.

5 Likes

Oh wait LOL Iā€™m already going in September

:laughing:

Iā€™m an idiot

7 Likes