DVC You There! - Now with Bonus Content

Surprising one tonight!

Super low 4-night Boardwalk Villa studio next April 10, 2024 just showed for at $228/night -
That’s 42% below the median price of $396 way way out 321 days before check in!

7 Likes

Wow that almost makes you think it’s a typo or something.

4 Likes

Entirely possible - they ain’t the best at data entry at these sites.

There’s a Grand Flo rental out there with a start date of 12/14/2024 for several weeks now!

4 Likes

Maybe Biff booked it

5 Likes

These are amazing updates. We’re headed to FL late May 2024 and never rented DVC before. Things swirling in my head:

1. We loved the AoA family suite last time for the three kids 16/15/10 to have the pull down bed and sofa bed while DW and I had a bedroom. Two baths was a dream.
  2. What’s the best DVC room set up that’s similar (1 BR? 2 BR)?
  3. Seeing all these random deals pop up makes me wonder if it’s better to hustle to grab something at 11 mo, 7 mo, or roll the dice for a deal to pop up.
  4. BWV seems like a good mid price location for us to be close to HS/EC. Generally cheaper than BC/YC, right? Downside being no SAB or deluxe access?
  5. Other first time rental point tips besides reading up on Becky’s recent article a few months back?
3 Likes

49 new DVC rentals since this morning - this capture is just the ones that came in 20% or more below median!

Go hit my search engine to find them!

8 Likes

Another couple of really nicely priced rental this morning:

Way out in 1/28/2024: 7-night Riviera Tower Studio for $315/night.
That’s 32% under the median price of $462. Kind of crazy for a rental released 262 days before check in.

5-night Grand CALIFORNIAN studio starting 9/13 for $299. Prices for this resort always seem very high to me. $399 is not cheap to me either, but is 35% below the median for that resort.

(Looks like my line chart is a little weird and I need to look at it, but still shows this deal is rockbottom.)

8 Likes

Just noticed that this 5-night OKW Studio starting 7/17 for $216 per night.
That’s 27% under the median price of $294.

7 Likes

This 6-night BCV Studio starting June 9th dropped this morning to $343/night, or 30% below median price of $490.

4 Likes

Another BCV Studio dropped tonight: 5-nights starting 7/1 for $377/night, or 23% under median price.

Also: 3-night OKW Studio starting 9/4 for $198/night, or 33% under median.

5 Likes

Just noticed this 7-night Poly studio starting 7/2/23 dropped since this morning.

Showed up on 5/23 at $542, dropped to $501 on the 29th and now is $417/night.
That’s 21% under the median price of $525.

You might catch some similar or even lower prices for this room - but much less likely mid-summer!

5 Likes

Price drop on this one: 6-night Cooper Creek Studio starting 7/1 to $326/night.
That’s 20% under the median of $409.
Originally appeared back in September at $412.

Definitely among the lowest prices, especially for a 6-night CC rental.

Even if you look at all CC studio rentals 2-nights or longer, still among the best deals.

Comparing it to a 30 day window surrounding the check in date, still amount lowest.
Interested to see as we get closer to the start of July if the median (blue) and minimum (green) lines start dropping as they did last year leading in to August.

4 Likes

Price drop: AK Kidani Studio 4-nights starting 6/18 - now $280/night.
That is 20% below median price of $348.

Among the lowest for rentals 4-nights or longer.

4 Likes

I’ve just updated the TP DVC Rentals page, if you prefer to look at a simple table of rentals that fall 20% or more below the median price. We’re here for your your easy clicking pleasure.

Highlights this week: Another Beach Club Villa studio at 30% below median (starts next week) and a BLT studio end of August for $323 or 31% under median price.

7 Likes

Price dropped again this morning for 7-night Saratoga Springs studio starting 7/1/23.
Price per night is now $226 or 23% under median.

Among the lowest prices ever for a 7-night SSR studio.

Even if you back off and look at all similar rentals 4-nights or longer, still on the low end of the scale - and most other low rentals are bunched in shoulder seasons.

Also, worth pointing out that SSR rentals in July & August are surprisingly low volume.

Looking at my chart that crunches the median price for each date (using 14 day windows in this case) - rental price is pretty low on the scale. (Note: last year’s medians are likely skewed, because I started collecting data in May and missed any earlier SSR rentals that were gone before then.)

6 Likes

Aw man - Was writing up a 1-night Boulder Ridge 2BR Villa going for $470 on 6/10 but sold already. Was 47% under median price.

This is how it fell in the chart…

4 Likes

All righty, 2nd time in 2 days a 1-night 2BR Villa at Boulder Ridge appeared for $470 per night.
When I was writing the first one up last night, it sold before I could hit “post”!

This current one is for 6/10, so while I’m thinking it is a long shot anyone might want to grab it, it is worth posting for fun.

This rental is 47% under the median price of $853 for this room - lowest price I’ve recorded.

7 Likes

Dropped in price today: 2-night Poly Studio now $416/night starting 8/27, or 21% under median price of $525.

7 Likes

Bumping - this one is still out there, surprisingly!

6 Likes

New 4-night OKW studio on 7/24 for $231, or 21% under median showed up tonight.

3 Likes