DVC You There! - Now with Bonus Content

Looks like we’re in the time frame where people drop a whole bunch of high-priced rentals in November to see what sticks.

6 Likes

Are a few dozen nice multi-day rentals better than 20% off median in July and August now.

New one today: 5-night AK Jambo 7/7 for $235, or 30% under median price of $336.

Chart of Jambo studios 5-days or more…

Even if you look at all rentals 2-days or more, still among the best deals.

6 Likes

Big drop in price today for this 2-night AK Jambo 1BR Villa starting 6/19.
Originally appeared in February for $546/night, now down to $378.

That is 34% under the median price of $572.

Only a few similarly priced rentals have appeared for this room over time.
(and Wow, check out the skew on this chart with those nutty $2,000/night rentals out there around Christmas!)

6 Likes

Whoops, sidetracked by “real” work. Just saw this one:
5-night AK Kidani 1BR Savannah View starting 7/15 appeared 3 days ago at $654.

Dropped last night to $447 - or 33% under median price of $672.

Note: that is the median for ALL Kidani 1BR rentals - which includes standard rooms, which IMHO makes this one MUCH more betterer a discount than that.

Even if you look at all 1BR Kidani rentals of 2-days or longer, not many at all at this price.
(BTW, If you booked this 1BR Kidani Villa for cash directly from Disney, it would cost you $751 per night at the current 25% discount rate, tax included.)

6 Likes

This is a nice deal! I am stalking a 2 night Boardwalk that is exactly my dates, but currently in the 70th percetile.

Partly I am hoping they will cancel it so I can pick it up with DVC points! But I will take a big price drop too…

7 Likes

It is kind of amazing how many rentals NEVER change in price after they post - even if they come in high right at the start.

Still only 24% of all rentals I’ve recorded have ever changed in price.
(Some have even gone up! But very few.)

7 Likes

Good to know! I won’t count on it…

6 Likes

Beach Club studio starting 6/10 for 6 nights for $333/night, or 32% under median.
Originally appeared in November for $485, dropped a few dollars a few weeks ago, then another $120 today.

Deal is very nice!

5 Likes

Ah, man: a 2-night 1BR Jambo rental dropped in price to $378 today (median is $572 for that room) - but sold within minutes of my grabbing it and starting this post. Will leave below for posterity.
(EDIT: Made a mistake on the median amount and corrected it. I had looked at the Kidani 1BR number by mistake.)

—SOLD—
Another Kidani 1BR rental dropped in price:
This one is for 2-nights starting 6/19 and is now going for $378 per night.
Median price on that room is $672, so this is 34% under that.

3 Likes

Understandably - that’s an insane deal!

5 Likes

An even bigger steal due to 2 full bathrooms

6 Likes

Random super 1-night deal on 9/27: Boardwalk Villa for $399.
That is 44% under the median price of $714!
Originally appeared back in Feb at $437, then dropped to $399 a week later and has sat there ever since.

5 Likes

Anyone looking for a 1-nighter rental, this $297 Boulder Ridge Studio on 7/21 is among the lowest price seen for this room.

6 Likes

I’ve got a new TP blog post out there:

8 Likes

A prime example that dedicated DVC rentals very much appear to be priced emotionally and then never looked at again.

3 very similar BCV studios all came out about 200 days ago at or above the median price.
Only one has changed in price - the others likely will not and there are only days until check in.
(Only 24% of ALL dedicated rentals ever change in price once posted.)

I feel like DVC renters need to to be taught when to cut bait and drop their price well before it is too late.

11 Likes

Yes, teach them all to post cheaper prices – preferably when I can go.

11 Likes

A 1-nighter, but a really good one: $260 for a Boulder Ridge studio on 9/14. That’s 40% below median price.

7 Likes

Didn’t notice this one dropped a few days back:

AK Kidani TWO Bedroom Villa, 7-nights for $729 per night.

Yep, that’s a high number to me all right, but if that’s yer thing and you need the space it is 23% below the median price of $943/night.

Now, there have only been 179 Kidani 2BR Villas appearing in dedicated rentals over the last year. There have actually been a fair number of 1 and 2-night rentals that were priced MUCH lower than this price per night.

But, if you look at rentals of 5-nights or longer (for a more realistic family booking example), there have only been 60 dedicated rentals, and this one is down among the lowest. At this lowish volume of dedicated bookings, this type of rental really isn’t one you wait around hoping to appear, but grab it when it does if if fits your date and price needs.

i

5 Likes

Two COUNT 'EM TWO BC Studios starting in TWO days with check in on 6/14 finally decided to really drop their price.

Both rentals have been out there since they first appeared on 11/21 for $500.

First one is 5-nights and now is $319/night or 35% under median.
Second one is 6-nights and $325/night or 34% under.

7 Likes

A little more time to plan with this one: 6-night AK Kidani Studio for $215/night, or a killer 38% under median.

By far the old NYC lady voice lowest price eva for this room type at 6-nights or longer - and among the lowest even looking at all rentals 1-night or longer.

8 Likes