DVC You There! - Now with Bonus Content

SSR rental already gone.

6 Likes

@OBNurseNH
Perhaps you recall on our Dec 2020 stay we had two 1 br SSR villas booked. And on the afternoon we were to check in, one of the 1 br villas disappeared.

Reading back a few posts @Nicky_S posted this caution:
“I think there was a charge at the point of check-in of $99 for those, and so if the name on the DVC reservation didn’t match the RCI info the CMs could simply void the reservation.”

My niece’s name was on the disappeared villa as she was arriving before we arrived.
My sister’s booked for others before and since. Never had that disappearance (cancellation?).

4 Likes

Good luck to the renters with this new one that showed up this morning:
6-night AK Kidani 1BR SAVANNAH view starting TOMORROW 5/22 for $269.

Most EXCELLENT deal.
Very POOR timing.

In fact: best price I’ve recorded for this room - there have only been 3 or 4 other rentals near this price and they were all 1-night rentals. 60% under median price of $669.

10 Likes

Just noticed a 4-night Riviera Tower Studio (sleeps 2) starting 6/13 dropped the other day to $369/night, or 20% below median price of $462.

It originally appeared back in November, but price held steady until the end of last week.

Not the lowest price recorded, but down near the bottom, especially for rentals 4 nights or longer.

To get more granular, looking at the chart of medians for all 30 day windows, looks like a solid deal for this time frame.

5 Likes

I’m sorry but there is no way in heck I would pay that amount of money for one of those miniscule rooms. :laughing:

5 Likes

I’ve only seen videos of them, but I agree! But they keep holding their price so people must be paying it.

Their pricing is a little harder to track exactly because the rental sites aren’t consistent on calling them Tower studios, so my data has the 2 person Towers lumped in with regular size Riviera studios. I’d have to do a bunch of manual work to figure out which ones are the smaller ones all the time and so far hasn’t been much value to me doing that.

5 Likes

Posted a this one on chat this morning on the off chance anyone would want a 1-night BW Studio rental on 5/24.
Was going for $250/night or 37% below median.

During the day today dropped to $216.

5 Likes

New tonight:
2-night 1BR Boardwalk villa starting 5/30 for $320/night, or 55% under median price of $717!

They also released another identical rental, but for 1-night.

Super low price alert…

AK Jambo studio for 2-nights starting 7/23 for $234 or 30% under median price of $336.

8 Likes

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

4 Likes

I keep trying to figure out how I could do one of these - then I remember it’s summertime in Florida, and I need to wait until at least October so I don’t spontaneously combust. (I would go to Florida now, but because of year-end at work can’t travel until after the first week of July.)

4 Likes

Another BWV 1BR 1-nighter on 5/30 this morning, but for $288 or 60% under median.

7 Likes

2-night BWV Studio 6/19, 27% under median

BRV Studio 1 night 6/25 $304, 29% under median

1-night Grand Flo Studio $342 on 7/13, 36% under median

3-night Poly Studio starting 8/29 $420, 20% under median

7 Likes

Updated the DVC Rentals page, may have accidentally created a new resort called Animal Beach Club Villas in my first draft, but to be honest sounds kind of exciting and maybe a little Island of Dr. Moreau-y.

12 Likes

I’d stay there, honestly!

5 Likes

12 Likes

I’d prefer it if those swim trunks were ON the Animal…

9 Likes

Notice she didn’t say anything about him being shirtless.

6 Likes

Good catch.

His fur covers up his mammaries.

5 Likes

Please don’t make me picture how hairy a man needs to be for you to be okay with shirtless. :scream:

7 Likes

No o don’t like hairy men.

But Animal is a puppet

5 Likes