DVC You There! - Now with Bonus Content

Rack rate pricing is out for the Poly Tower rooms and they are staggering. $826 for a Duo Studio: What It Costs to Stay at Disney's Polynesian Island Tower in Walt Disney World

2 Likes

Yeah I had shared the pricing the other day in another thread and whoooooooeeeeeeeeeee!

I was curious that there wasn’t at that time info about a regular 2br only the 2br penhouse but at $5K a night folks will have to decide whether to take their family there for a week or buy a small car.

I see the regular ones are priced at $2700ish - so maybe a small used car or a week at the Poly :rofl:

3 Likes

If I won the lottery tomorrow, I wouldn’t pay that price for a room. Craziness.

3 Likes

Several new rentals well below median in Sept - too busy to break down links etc, but my favs are Riviera Deluxe studio 37% under, BWV Boardwalk View studio for $304 at 24% under.

Search engine updated with them…

1 Like

Riviera Price Drop

3-night Riviera Deluxe Studio (sleeps 4) start 7/29 now $371 or 19% under median.
https://dvc-rental.com/confirmed-reservation/?_resort=Riviera&dvc_id=DVC5546

We did see some much lower priced rentals in this time frame last year, but from memory I believe most, if not all were in the under 3-week time frame.

1 Like

Have not thought much about it, but I do kinda like more of these DVC rooms coming online. The Cabins & Poly Tower builds will help ease prices across the board for the other DVC options. Let the demand go to the new Poly tower and I’ll enjoy an OKW at sub-$200 per night no problem.

4 Likes

It will for sure - for a little while anyway - make things easier elsewhere.

1 Like

I wonder if they will have to eventually rebalance the bungalow point values. If “old” Poly owners are now able to spend their points on other room types then the bungalows will continue to be less desirable.

2 Likes

I’m not gonna lie, I’m glad we got our 4 nights at the Poly while I feel like I still can!

3 Likes

This pricing was for opening night. I booked a standard view duo for Jan 30 to Feb 2nd and it average $430 a night after taxes. Apparently there is a DVC discount too.

2 Likes

@JJT it’s just now hitting me that resort name categorization for the new Poly Tower might be annoying. It’s a separate building from the Poly/Bungalows that already contain other DVC rooms, but right now I’m just categorizing everything with “Polynesian” in the resort name as being a part of the Poly and then room type categorizations make things easy to decipher, but when Tower reservations start to show up I’m expecting poor nomenclature from the rental sites. I think we’d be lucky if any of them use the full name Island Tower at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows for easy sorting, but I’m expecting most of the sites to just bucket them all into “Polynesian” which will be very annoying to sort.

Any thoughts on how you might end up handling it with your extracted data? The 2 BR Penthouse is a brand new and exclusive category to this property, so that should be easy to pair up with the Island Tower, but the others might get complicated.

1 Like

Whoo, I haven’t even thought about it yet - usually I see what the sites are actually listing and then try to fit them into a cleaner box.

2 Likes

Me checking DVC room rates at Disneyland:
Shocked Disney GIF by Mickey Mouse

6 Likes

This new one will go quickly!
5-night GF Studio start 6/23 for $324/night or 37% under median

3 Likes

^ It did.

Anyone up for ZERO nights for $500 at Kidani?

3 Likes

A SUPER VERY NICE for DisneyLAND folks!

7-night Grand CALIFornian Studio start 6/14 for $338/night or 44% under median

There have only been 3 rentals lower and all were 1-nighters - 2 of them were only $2 lower.
There have only been 10 7-nighters for this room and this one is about $220 less than the next nearest one.

2 Likes

Kidani Village…rooms by the hour… :eyes: :eyes:

6 Likes

Look-the warthogs need a little time to get down too! Just rent them a room why don’t ya!

101 new rentals in the afternoon refresh just now! Woo!
Mostly median or above but a few interesting ones.
See a few more good September rentals.
Also a 1-night OKW on 12/19 for $220.

Rather insane 1-night OKW Studio for $187 on 7/28 or 35% under median.

Not clinically insane but fairly off-balance 1-night AK Jambo on 8/5 for $234 or 28% under
https://dvc-rental.com/confirmed-reservation/?_resort=Animal%20Kingdom%20Villas%20-%20Jambo%20House&dvc_id=DVC6624

1 Like

Another identical rental this morning:

2 Likes