DVC You There! - Now with Bonus Content

I will never not be amazed at BC prices, but this is 19% under median:

3-night BC 1BR Villa start 6/21 for $629 or 19% under.
https://www.dvcstore.com/pre-booked-form.cfm?IDNumber=1022

2 Likes

Multiple AK Price Drops

If you’re looking for a deal on a week in January, now might be the time to book!

Back in February, several AK Kidani and Jambo studio all appeared at the same time, multiple of those were priced at $203/night and for 7-nights.

Today they dropped to around $250/night and between 22% to 27% under median.

Below is a summary of them - you can find them in my search engine.

7-night rentals at this price or lower for these rooms is fairly uncommon.

1 Like

Couple of SUPER VERY NICE rentals in the late pull tonight:

1-night Riviera Tower Studio on 6/25 for $252 or 45% under median.

Just about as low as Riviera goes.

4-night GF Studio starting 9/1 for $336 or 35% under median.

2 Likes

I’ve been mostly ignoring this random non-DVC Wilderness Lodge hotel room that DVCShop started listing last month because I didn’t want to update my script to include a regular room for WL since it is very likely a one-off.

But, I’ve become tired of manually deleting the record multiple times a day so it didn’t show up in the database without a proper link etc so I have now fixed things so it looks normal.

I did not add a way to search “Wilderness Lodge” in my search engine, but it will appear in results if you don’t select any resort names.

Is actually a nice deal - 4-nights, Water View, starting 7/21 listed for $326. I checked the booking page and DVCShop adds some processing fees so ends up being an actual $340/night all-in I think.

That’s about $100-$120 less per night than the current 30% Disney direct hotel discount.

2 Likes

6-night BRV 1BR Villa start 7/27 for $592 or 18% under median.

That price is certainly on the lower end of the spectrum, but we did see a couple of lower ones last summer, one of them about $420 - but that showed up rightbefore check in date, so I wouldn’t wait it out unless you are super flexible and like the random.

Price Drop:
3-night AK Kidani Studio start 8/11 originally $273/night now $252 or 27% under median.

We also did see a couple of lower ones last summer, but really, this is a grab it if you want it.

2 Likes

Very nice new one tonight!

4-night BW Studio start 6/30 for $312/night or 22% under median.

1-night OKW Studio on 7/4 for $231 or 19% under.

2 Likes

Looks like they just announced opening date of Dec 17th for the DVC Poly tower. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2024/05/room-reveal-island-tower-at-disneys-polynesian-villas-and-bungalows/. Take note, there’s a new room category!

Side note, the blog article is dated May 31st, but it didn’t go live until today so they were clearly sitting on it to post at a better time.

5 Likes

Haters can go on and hate (and you know they will) but I love it!

I love how bright and airy it is with the light woods, but the pops of color that call to mind the Polynesian environment and tropical colors. Some of that art work (I’m looking at you Te Fiti) actually made me a little emotional!

I cannot even wait to stay here! And I’m anxious for them to announce additional details including sale of contracts and DVC booking windows. I’m betting that as much as people are hating on this, it’s going to be tough to get a room here for a while!

7 Likes

It does look beautiful!

I’ll probably never stay there…the point cost I presume will just be too steep. But I certainly would if money weren’t a factor! But this kind of puts the idea of staying at The Contemporary with Theme Park view as second fiddle to this!!

1 Like

I was thinking that since it’s the same association that they would have to keep the point values consistent… BUT they are all completely new room categories so they don’t. They’re so crafty!

I wonder if we would be able to get into the lobby or close by at the end of October.

2 Likes

New
5-night BR Studio start 9/8 for $338 or 19% under median.
https://dvc-rental.com/confirmed-reservation/?_resort=Boulder%20Ridge&dvc_id=DVC6601

Price Drop
This BW rental is now a little bit of a judgment call on the “good deal” scale-o-meter.

If the dates and location are enticing but hasn’t hit the buy threshold for you just yet, might be worth watching for further drops if it doesn’t get picked up.

When comparing to ALL BW studio rentals it is now about 8% under median.
Comparing to rentals 2-nights or longer it is 14% under.
Compared to 6-nights or longer it is actually about 20% under, which is pretty nice.

6-night BW Studio start 7/11 was $433/night, now $367 or 8% under median.

2 Likes

Added Later: @ryan1 noticed that the 5% rebate is actually a CREDIT for a future rental, which makes that offer kind of meh overall.

Note: if you see any DVCRental Store rentals you like in the June-Aug time frame, they have a page where they are listing some rentals with an additional 5% rebate, so might want to cross reference the good deals in my database with this page!

2 Likes
Thanks to Joseph Matt for a heads up on this LAST MINUTE ULTIMATE SUPER VERY NICE RENTAL SUPER Very Nice

7-night BLT 1BR Villa starting TOMORROW 6/5 originally $995/night NOW $295.
That is 65% under median price.

Yet another example of “should have dropped the price sooner, Todd.”

6 Likes

Got so excited up there with the $295 BLT 1BR, almost missed this other price drop:

3-night Cabin at FW now $440/night or 21% under (the maybe still sketchy) median.

2 Likes

Had to break out my 14-day window median crunchifier spreadsheet.

You can see this year and last year at the same time the median for this room was about $825 (2023) and $748 (2024.) So, a $295 room is a definite woohoo.

Interestingly, looks like the current 2024 median (green line) for mid-July through August for this room is already riding pretty low compared to 2023 - and that will almost certainly go lower as we get closer and more late arrivals show up.

1 Like

I almost did it. I was so close. I just happened to see it about 30 mins after you posted and it was still available. But then I wimped out at the thought of a last minute 7 day trip with my 8yo and 5yo and we didn’t pull the trigger. I hope whoever did book it has an excellent time.

2 Likes

1 day is definitely a tough turnaround with young ones. :smiley:
Here’s to Next time!

1 Like

I THINK what it is…you earn 5% toward your NEXT rental. So, if you spent $1000 for a rental, you get $50 off your NEXT rental. So…if you rent frequently, might be worth it…otherwise, might not be too much of an incentive.

1 Like

Ahh, thanks for clarifying, I just glossed over the text and went right to the rental listing table.

1 Like

SSR Studio Price Drops

These 3 rentals all first appeared back on 8/4/2023 at $315-$337/night. The drop charts for each look similar to this one for the first rental:

3-night SSR Studio start 6/28 now $230/night or 22% under median.

7-night SSR Studio start 6/29 now $219/n or 26% under

6-night SSR Studio start 6/30 now $215/n or 27% under

Excellent deals in summer season, but very good deals in any time frame.

3 Likes