DVC You There! - Now with Bonus Content

No.

They have to use before the end of the use year or they lose them.

But, they can’t book for more than 60 days out. So if today I have points in holding that I want to use, I cannot book beyond 3/19 (roughly speaking - not going to math it to be precise). For me, my use year is December, so that’s a lot of time to try to use the points. But if their use year is soon… that could be tough.

5 Likes

Ahh got it. Thanks! So Disney is teaching you a lesson for not canceling in a timely manner.

5 Likes

More or less.

4 Likes

21 new rentals in late morning pull:

Terrific: 2-night Poly studio start 2/24 for $318 or 39% under median.

1-night AK Kidani Studio 1/24 for $204 or 39% under

1-night Aulani 1BR Ocean View on 1/30 for $506 or 48% under median.
If they could just move Hawaii a little closer, that would be great ok thx.

6 Likes

(Note, fat finger typo: right-most red box in median chart should say 2/24/2023.)

7 Likes

Hello all, I put together a spreadsheet with detailed info about all DVC rooms that I think some may find useful. Check it out here: DVC Room Data Spreadsheet

There’s no @JJT spreadsheet voodoo going on, so don’t get your hopes up all you spreadsheet geeks. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Nice, thanks! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Don’t mind me. Just passing through, giving :heart:’s. This is on you @JJT :wink:

11 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

If you can use a 1-nighter there’s a few discounted ones new today:

1-night Hilton Head Studio 1/23 for $78 or 66% under median.

1-night SSR Studio 1/23 for $198 or 33% under

1-night GF 1BR Villa 2/26 for $540 or 46% under.

1-night BRV Studio 2/26 for $285 or 31% under

6 Likes

This one is bonkers, for the Disneyland folks:

1-night Disneyland Preferred Studio on 1/24 for $150 or 70% under median.
Lowest price recorded.

6 Likes

:astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished:

That has got to be a typo

5 Likes

Well it is a Wednesday and is coming up in just a few days. But it’s a great deal for someone who can use it.

4 Likes

Right but $150?!

I’m almost ready to jump on a plane over it lol

8 Likes

It is a preferred to boot!

I mean, barsed on previous prices recorded, anything near $300 /night is a good deal

5 Likes

It’s 15 points, so that’s $10/pt, which is just fine for last minute fire-sales.

6 Likes

Except I do like to make the argument that price per point doesnn’t really seem to come in to play with dedicated rentals. Also, almost 75% of rentals never change in price once they appear, so last minute doesn’t seem to mean anything to the rental sites or most renters (if they actually have any say in the dedicated rental prices set.)

In the case of this room, the last minute prices all cluster around $300.

7 Likes

I think the ones that change do have more attentive owners. There may also be something about VDLH that keeps the prices a little higher.

I do see price per point still important in quite a few rentals, especially ones where the price seems really strange. So an oddball point rental will then come with a price of like $546 or something like that.

7 Likes

2-night OKW Studio start 1/30 $156/night or 45% under median.

6 Likes

SUPER VERY NICE DEAL
Tenacious D

2-night BC 1BR Villa start 2/12 for $368 or 52% under median

6-night SSR 2BR villa start 2/3 for $575/night or 20% under median.

4-night Poly studio start 9/1 for $364 or 30% under median.

6 Likes