DVC studio- which would you choose?

No 2-bed officially sleeps more than 9, despite the kiddie bed. Because all 2-beds have the same occupancy.

Just the way it is.

1 Like

The extra bed at some of the studios were added in response to demand from members who donā€™t have enough points to stay in a 1-bed.

It did create that anomaly though.

The layout of the living room of many the 1-beds pose a problem for adding a 5th sleeper. As they get full refurbs they may get added, like at SSR.

But in many cases that will mean losing a feature, like the breakfast bar. Which actually, in a 2-bed is a problem because there then wonā€™t be enough seating space for everyone either.

Theyā€™re really damned if the do, damned if they donā€™t.

2 Likes

True. There are definitely some oddities with DVC rooms. Iā€™m likely to remain the crazy person who makes their family of five squeeze into a studio whenever possible.:joy:

2 Likes

They do officially sleep 10

3 Likes

Wow! I stand corrected, but Iā€™m baffled.

I honestly thought the policy has always been that a 2-bed villa at any resort has the same occupancy whether dedicated or lock-off.

3 Likes

Oh good. Either my source was outdated / wrong, or Disney reads my posts and responds to my suggestionsā€¦ Iā€™ll assume itā€™s the latter. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Well it seems I was totally wrong.

BCV shows the same, albeit dedicated is 8 and lock-off is 9.

GFV is the same as Riviera.

Interestingly then, someone booking direct with Disney will only ever be able to have the lower # of guests, since they always get a dedicated 2-bed.

4 Likes

The lock off sleeping 10 was definitely part of the sales pitch. It was part of the whole spiel about how ā€œthe members talked and we listenedā€

2 Likes

Isnā€™t that true at AKL too? Maybe kidani but not Jambo? Iā€™m not at my computer anymore to look it up. Weā€™re normally a party of 7, so weā€™ve been cognizant of capacity. I have to think about it every time we book because I always forget.

2 Likes

KIdani 1-bed sleeps 5 so both 2-beds will sleep 9.
Jambo are all lock-offs anyway, as is BWV.

I didnā€™t check all of them, basically itā€™ll probably be everywhere where a studio sleeps 5.

Interestingly, and this is why I think I was confused, a GV only ever sleeps 12 maximum, even though there are sleep spaces for more than that.

I thought the rules were the same for the 2-bed lock-offs.

1 Like

And @Jeff_AZ, I agree.

Disney definitely read your post and updated the websites instantaneously with your suggestion. Well done! :joy::joy:

Now can you just gripe about a few more things and get them fixed. Since you have their attention.

Thanks! :crazy_face:

1 Like

OK. Iā€™m still waiting for confirmation on renting points at BC and Poly for next May.
Itā€™s beenā€¦ 2-3 weeks.
Should I be panicking?
The rental guys said it often takes awhile.

Thoughts anyone?

1 Like

It took 5 weeks or so for me for Poly when I rented points.

2 Likes

Thanks. Iā€™ve only done this once before.
Then I saw confirmation in about a week but it was last year and we know last year was far from average in so many waysā€¦

1 Like

Which company did you rent through? The three times Iā€™ve used Davids they came back within about 3 days with a reservation. However, I have heard from others trying to rent that it is currently taking longer due to lack of owners renting out points.

2 Likes

Weā€™re going with DVC rental store.

1 Like

I know that Davidā€™s said that these were the only 2 hotels with waiting lists for them. Waiting list being those interested in renting points but there are no current owner points available.

2 Likes

I have rented a 2BR at BCV from Davidā€™s twice in the last two years (one of which ended up being cancelled due to Covid). The one I booked in 2019 (for 2020) took about 9 weeks before they matched me with points. The one I booked in 2020 (for 2021) took about 4 weeks.

When I booked AKV and BLT within the 7 month window, I got my requested rooms immediately.

Keep in mind it will vary with the number of points and resort you are booking. I imagine it takes longer for them to find someone with a larger number of points to rent, so maybe if youā€™re renting for a studio it could be faster?

2 Likes

Ok thanks. Iā€™ll just have to wait n see I guessā€¦:stopwatch:

2 Likes

I hadnā€™t thought of the point differences. Makes sense. We always rent studios and responses are super quick.

1 Like