DVC studio- which would you choose?

I found it. They are shorter than a standard twin, but not by a lot. The width is noticeably smaller. You are right that the ones in CBR are considerably smaller, though.

That’s good to know. I guess it would only be a problem for those who are particularly tall.

ETA: I’m 5’ 10", and I find sleeping on a standard twin bearable, but not comfortable, because I have to sleep at an angle to keep my feet from dangling off. With 6" narrower, sleeping at an angle might not be as easy to do.

2 Likes

I follow Brooke McDonald on Instagram as she said she can fit on the Boardwalk pull down bed with a bit of room to spare. She is 5’10”.

Cool to know that 5th sleeping space might be a viable option when DD7 crawls into our bed and I’m dislodged at 3 AM.

Mind you as I’m currently agonizing waiting to hear back on a BCV point rental for next April, I’d settle for sleeping in the bath tub as long as we got the studio.

5 Likes

That would be great if the one bedrooms started sleeping five. I like the extra space.
And I guess I’m mean because my 6 foot tall 14 year old sleeps on that pull down single bed. :joy:

6 Likes

That and the foolishness of paying more points for less sleep surfaces than you can get in some studios! It’s not a wonder the studios are hard to get

Exactly. More points for less.
Although I’m usually so stingy with my points, I try to book studios even when we are less than 5 people.

1 Like

Who are you renting points through? (Or hoping to rent points through)

The DVC Rental Store.

ETA. I guess you could say this is my first time renting depending on if you overlook earlier experience renting and then cancelling.

1 Like

I would love for the 1BR villas to sleep 6. We reserved a 1BR at Aulani for our family if 6, and the system allowed it to go through since the 6th is only 2 years old, so she can sleep in a pack n play (I assume). But when she gets older it would be nice to still only need a 1BR instead of 2. They could easily add another sleeping surface like a pull out bed in the master bedroom.

It is a huge jump in capacity from a 1BR (which sometimes only sleeps 4!) to a 2BR which sleeps 8-9

4 Likes

Ok DVC experts, do I go for Boardwalk Villa Pool/Lake view studio or Beach Club studio? If it’s helpful info, we stayed at YC this year and loved it!

1 Like

That’s a tough one, but I think I give the edge to Beach Club.

2 Likes

I think I’d have to say BC too. Especially with your kids and Stormalong Bay.

1 Like

Not a DVC expert (yet), but if I were you I’d try Boardwalk one time to see if it suits you. You already know what to expect from SAB and the general feel of the resort. I didn’t stay in a studio at BC, but I loved the 2BR we were in.

4 Likes

Ah! Get out of my head! :joy: This is my brain right now. Hmm I loved YC and the pool but should I go with something new just because???

1 Like

Ha ha! How long until your next trip following the one you’re asking about? In other words, if BW turns out to be a disaster, can you redeem it in a relatively short amount of time with a trip to BC?

1 Like

Probably about a year apart. We went on our “once in a lifetime trip” four years ago and have been yearly since. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Well, you can only have ONE once in a lifetime trip. So everything after that has to be called something else. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We stayed at BCV for first time last week. Loved the studio and location of BC But on way home started thinking about BWV just to try it. When discussing with DH he liked BCV and AKL Jambo (stayed there in 2019) and isn’t interested in BWV. So we are now on the fence about BCV or AKL. At BC DS10 liked the pull down twin bed and then DS13 was happy to have the sleeper sofa to himself. We had a pool/river view room and I enjoyed the quietness of the area. Felt the walk to SAB was a bit long but not bad. We loved how close we were to Epcot and ended up going there 3 evenings. Also liked how close we were to the skyliner. After being at HS and our feet were super tired it was an easy relaxing way (except that one time we got stuck) to get back to the resort. We’ve also stayed YC before too. I vote that you go with BCV.

2 Likes

chiming in to echo all the poly votes! we used the second bathroom as a baby cave. fits a pack n play perfectly.

3 Likes