DVC studio- which would you choose?

When I rented the 12 nights at BWV this last trip for May-June I was told it takes longer for longer stays like that too even though it’s just a Studio because with a long stay more points too. Harder to find people with larger number of points to rent I think basically. So a bigger room and/or a longer stay. However, they got back to me in Oct of last year for two different rooms (split stay) and this last one for 12 nights at BWV and 3 nights at Vero Beach within 24-48 hours every time. This was David’s. We used the DVC Rental Store for Jan 2020 and got a treehouse pretty quick but we rented it very early on (and I believe only Saratoga Springs had anything left already in general for Marathon Week which is when we went but it was still pretty quick to find a DVC member to make the reservation for us even though our options were limited).

2 Likes

Yes we’re looking at 6 nights for one and 3 nights for the other. Only a studio so hopefully it works out. Looking at the price for accommodations thru Disney.is a pretty grim alternative.

1 Like

I have a very similar experience others have posted. I rented through David’s in 2019 for a February 2020 stay. 8 nights in a 1-bedroom villa at BCV. It was almost 300 points. I requested 12 months in advance and they found an owner with the points, but almost 10 months in advance only. It took a while. There was a website that didn’t even bother give me an answer and kept my $10 dollar deposit. I don’t remember the website. Awful service.

1 Like

Reservation(s) officially secured! On our recent trip to YC, we added a night at CBR. Since we got a taste of a split stay, we decided to do a split stay for our next trip. DS14 put together a slideshow comparing all of the DVC options/combinations and we voted on which combo we preferred. We landed on 4 nights at BWV and 3 nights at GFV. We will do HS/EP on the first half of the trip (with the exception of the first day at MK :blue_heart: ) and the second half of the trip will be MK and AK. 330 more days!!

6 Likes

What a great split! Did you book a pool garden studio at BW? I love everything about GFVs (except the point charts):grinning:

1 Like

We went with standard for everything- although that view at BWV was tempting!

1 Like

You are very lucky to get a standard view at BWV- congrats!

2 Likes

:two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

2 Likes

I love that your son put together a slide show with the options! I have 4 options listed out on paper for our next trip. I think I need to make a slide show now!

2 Likes

What an impressive 14 year-old!

2 Likes

I’m addicted to sunrise over the savannah.

1 Like

DS even found a toy story template to use online for Google Slides. It took it to the next level! :joy:

Here are the slides if anyone is interested in viewing!

6 Likes

This is awesome! I hope my DS is like that by that age!

3 Likes

That is awesome!

1 Like

Ok, so would you buy park tickets this far out? We are traveling next May. I know the price will only increase between now and then so it would probably be in my best interest to purchase ASAP. But…. I am also wondering about some of this info that Disney will be releasing soon, like the evening hours, park hopping changes (?), and genie/fastpasses.

What would you do?

On a sort of related not, is anyone else annoyed that Disney keeps leaving breadcrumbs for us without much substance? It makes it incredibly difficult to make plans.

2 Likes

This was why I talked to DVC twice. Information regarding DL seems to be much more proactive (no more APs, new program by the end of the year). I am sure many DL fans will disagree but I would prefer “we don’t know exactly what it will look like but we expect we will have info about tickets/APs in November” for WDW.

3 Likes

Oh boy, I hope it’s sooner than Nov! but I guess they might wait until after the Oct 1st events die down a bit. Still makes me unhappy not knowing something.

1 Like

I would buy simply because of the price increase issue, but maybe I’m not thinking through all the scenarios properly. I just can’t imagine what would change admission at this point, unless you’re holding out for APs. (If so, I would wait.)

2 Likes

I am wondering whether to stick with our 1 park/day plan which usually works great or to get park hoppers. The only reason I would consider them would be for the extra evening hours. Our park days will be mostly set as we want to stick with HS/EP when at BWV and MK/AK when at GFV.

1 Like

I cannot imagine being at BW and not having the ability to hop into EP for food.

3 Likes