DVC studio- which would you choose?

We are at 4 days of being home and ready to plan our next trip! We stayed at Yacht Club this trip and it was our favorite yet. We have also stayed at CBR, Polynesian, and AKL. I am interested in renting points for spring break (end of March). Which DVC studio is your favorite? We need a room for 5.

2 Likes

Poly has a bath and a half in their studios, plus a pull out and a pull down. We liked it there. It’s squishy for us now that the kids are bigger, but would still work for a short trip

5 Likes

Agree, I really liked the Poly studios. That extra shower is a game changer!

2 Likes

Poly came first to my mind too so unanimous?

1 Like

I do like the Poly studio rooms. I also like the studio rooms at Riviera. They can sleep five and have two showers as well.

1 Like

Ooh, these are so pretty! The two showers is a huge plus!

2 Likes

GF villas are set up virtually the same as Riviera too.

3 Likes

Any idea why the 2BR lockoffs at Riviera only officially sleep 9, even though the Studio sleeps 5 and the 1BR sleeps 5, and the 2BR lockoff has the exact same sleeping surfaces (i.e., 10)? :thinking:

2 Likes

I am heavily leaning towards Riviera! Any DVC members able to check the availability for next March? We are thinking the 18-25 but can start as late as the 20th. It could also be a split stay if needed.

2 Likes

Good question.

1 Like

We are a family of five so sharing one shower can be rough.

1 Like

You ask an excellent question. Kind of like why do so many DVC resorts have one bedrooms that sleep four and studios that sleep five. :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

A preferred view studio is available 3/18-3/25. Standard view is not.

2 Likes

I think it was @PrincipalTinker that shared this DVC tool in another thread: DVC Availability Tool (dvcvacations.com)

2 Likes

I think as refreshes are going on, the one bedrooms are starting to get a fifth sleeping surface as well. So, I expect that eventually this will become the norm.

My biggest gripe about the fifth sleeping surface is it is too small other than for kids under, say, nine. This might suit some families…but it also limits usefulness. Why not make it long enough to be a full length twin?

3 Likes

Almost got me.

Like.

1 Like

The extra sleeping surface in the studios is a normal length bed, my DS17 sleeps on them and he is 5’11”. Maybe you are thinking of CBR, where the pull down bed is small?

1 Like

Not sure. We’ve watched a TON of room reviews on YouTube over the last several days, and ALL of the beds that pull down from the cabinets under the TV were smaller than an actual twin (as commented on by the people doing the reviews). But, if there is a pull-out chair, those are actual twin sizes.

Granted, we were only looking at the DVC rooms.

1 Like

We have stayed at BCV twice and BWV once, both in studios. They are plenty long for a full grown person. Somewhere there is a website with the actual dimensions, I will see if I can find it. They are slightly narrower than a twin, but not really shorter.

1 Like

It’s long enough for me. (I think the ones in CBR are shorter than the ones in the Deluxe Villa or narrower though). But my 5’5” daughter sleeps comfortably in the pull down twin at BWV.

Edit: my 6’5” DH could not though but really any twin and he sleeps in the fetal position.

3 Likes