Dusinas Do Disney year #6- FIRST trip report-Pandemic Edition

No park day today so you know what that means…LAUNDRY :grin:

Putt putt at Fantasia Gardens at 11:30 then Beaches and Cream at 1:30. Actually looking forward to doing that beautiful walk from putt putt to Beach club!

A quick tip about mobile ordering here at CBR: lunch and especially dinner can take a while after you hit I am here. So you should go ahead and click that button before you try to make the walk to pick up your food or else you’re just sitting in the lobby with a lot of other people who are waiting. However, do not do that for breakfast! At breakfast time they are on it and as soon as I hit the i am here button my order was ready in two minutes and I was a good eight minute walk away still, LOL

4 Likes

Honestly one of my favorite resort day activities.

I know. I’m weird.

5 Likes

Great minds laundry alike!

3 Likes

Glad to be in such good company :slight_smile:

I think it’s the thrill of getting it all done in 90 minutes, vs at home when it take the entire day. And if timed right it has zero effect on your overall day.

4 Likes

Unless, of course, one of the dryers decides NOT to dry the clothes just before you are heading out for the day. :confused:

3 Likes

That stinks. Honestly has never happened to me.

1 Like

I’m not terribly upset at it…it left a memory, for sure. But we were doing a mad-dash at getting all the wet clothes strewn around the room so that they had a chance to air-dry while we were at one of the parks (forget which one off hand). When we returned that evening…they were still wet. So, back to the laundry room we went to dry them again! :slight_smile:

I will say, however, that I’m looking forward to having laundry in our room for December. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Florida humidity and air drying are a very bad combination

Also in-room laundry is the bomb.

2 Likes

This was this morning: oldest is working on math assignments; DH is signed into work for a bit, little guy is playing (ha) but love that we have a day to catch up

View of our room

Mini golf was hot but fun. Beaches n cream was amazing

16 Likes

Such a lovely view!!! And what’s that your oldest DS has?? Cookie fries? How were they?

1 Like

Yes cookie fries. They were fun! So the cookie themselves aren’t actually too sweet, but when you put the dip on them they were great. My DS thought strawberry was the best. Young DD has the Sunday with cookies n cream ice cream and it was seriously the most delicious ice cream we’ve had. Very creamy and rich!

2 Likes

A quick post about masks. They are really no big deal once you get used to them. DD’s are way better in them then us, I think have two weeks of school under their belt of having to wear them all day was great help for them!

Compliance is nearly 100%. Honestly the hardest part is remembering them when your doing to quick run to grab food or get LAUNDRY :wink: or head to the leisure pools.

Some guests take them down or have them off while walking, but when they see people approaching they put it on. Only once has someone not put it on and kept holding it.

I felt so badly for one person who had obviously realized she forgot it and was hurrying back to her room covering her mouth and apologizing. (I mean honestly it’s still hard to believe to me that a face masks is something we need to be aware of. Like walking out the door without pants. Not that I don’t believe we need to wear masks it’s just still hard for me to fully grasps that this pandemic is still really happening (or happened at all)

11 Likes

Sounds delish! Putting them on my list for next time.

1 Like

My oldest, who is 9, keeps telling me that she really thinks we could go to Disney once it cools a bit and then masks wouldn’t even be an issue. My kids have adapted well to wearing them. They’d still prefer not too, of course, as would everyone, but they often forget about them once they’ve adjusted to having them on.

I wore mine for 5-6 hours at our local zoo in 95+ degree heat and it really wasn’t terrible. I was hot. But because it was 95 degrees not because of my mask.

6 Likes

I made that mistake when I went to the laundry to get our clothes that just finished drying. I had picked up my mask, but set it down to grab the laundry hamper…then forgot the mask…until I was inside the laundry itself where other guests were. Then I was horrified I had forgotten it!

3 Likes

Just popped up on MDE from 2 days ago. I haven’t seen this magic shot before. Tie Fighters in the background!

22 Likes

Please have me in your thoughts tomorrow. Cross everything for me, fingers, toes, ears to get a BG.

On another MDE weird glitch note from Sunday when we’re at HS…I just realized we used our MB to buy beer (I think 3) and they have still yet to show up on our room charges. So if there is going to be any consolation for not getting a BG it will be FREE BEER :joy:

11 Likes

Sending BG vibes ur way!!!

3 Likes

I love that magic shot! Need to get that one on my next trip!

Good luck tomorrow! Even if you make the mistake of not including your entire party tomorrow, go to GS and get them to add the rest of the clan.

4 Likes

It will work! It has to! :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes