Dream Solo trip-Live!-9/8-9/18 Disney & Universal

Which hotel next?

Sapphire falls at Universal. Ive stayed there before and am returning. I love it. The price, vibe, transportation and perks are all outstanding.

4 Likes

I’m finally home.

19 Likes

I forgot to load up on my water bottles at dolphin that were included in the resort fee. Water in room is 7.50 here.

We stayed at Sapphire Falls in March for 1 night, loved it so much! If only they had the included express pass, we would likely stay there on future trips. We only go during busy times though, so need express. It is such a beautiful hotel! We also enjoyed Amatista Cookhouse, it was delicious! Have fun.

3 Likes

It’s my favorite hotel so far. It’s so relaxing and I love the theming. The shower is fantastic. The lobby bar is beautiful. Pool is gorgeous and accessible. Boat is close. I only had breakfast at Amatista and it was good. I love the view from there looking out at the falls. True, I don’t need express pass because universal has so many single rider lines and I go when it isn’t crowded. The cost to upgrade to an express hotel only makes sense if you’d be buying express for a family of 4 in one room.
To put things in perspective I stayed at the dolphin the same 4 nights that I’m staying at sapphire. Dolphin was $418 more. I could stay 2 more nights here for that price and I didn’t like the dolphin.

3 Likes

The real question is… are you going to continue this thread and show us Universal or go to… “the other side of the forum”?

• Continue on this Forum
  • Move to Universal Forum

0 voters

I don’t know, what should I do???

Can you reassign it to the Trip Report section??

2 Likes

I agree, move it to trip reports. You can edit the category . If you need help I can do it if you want.

1 Like

I think I did it?

1 Like

Never been to universal as my children are still to small but the resort looks nice and I am intrigued … will continue to follow along!

1 Like

I just made a reservation for the Sunday Acoustic Brunch at Hard Rock.

4 Likes

I just sat down and read all 414 posts in this thread while enjoying my very classy pumpkin bagel and chai tea in my house. I am loving every bit of this and I’m insanely jealous of your trip. I cannot wait to hear how it goes at Universal! Thank you for sharing with us! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry you didn’t like the Dolphin, I have only stayed there once and liked it. Loved the location and the boat to the parks.
We are always a party of 3 (or 4 if my husband joins) at Universal, and have been many times but always during holidays, usually spring break. This year we are going New Years week so crazy crowded. Express is a must.

2 Likes

Aw thank you!!! It’s been a huge part of my experience sharing this.

Ok I feel like I’m betraying this forum lol but when it comes down to my vacation I’m a universal girl. I LOVE Disney but it feels like work and I love how much I get for my money at Universal. Plus, I’m a HP girl at heart. If you miss a boat here it only takes 10 mins. They don’t move slow as molasses like the Friendship boats. (I do like the boats at magic kingdom).

15 Likes

:heart: :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: :raising_hand_woman:t2:

5 Likes

Uh oh this is gonna be dangerous. Buffet, live music and unlimited mimosas. I told him to hold the OJ. No need to pretend.

13 Likes

13 Likes

Late to the party, but loving your report. Awesome photos! Thanks for taking us along.

1 Like