Dream Solo trip-Live!-9/8-9/18 Disney & Universal

Let’s take a break from the food photos to say I am completely and utterly pissed off that the spa at the dolphin charged my room credit card for the spa services (I said no charges to my room that the card on file was only for incidentals) and they also redeemed my groupon. I’m lucky I noticed the charge on my credit card! I was given nothing at check out. I’m going to have to call them to reverse it or dispute with my credit card. Not the best way to spend vacation hours. Edited to tell cost: they charged me $271. (Steam out of ears)

4 Likes

Worth it if you drink champagne, mimosas or bloody Mary’s

10 Likes

My friend who lives on the gulf side of FL happens to be in universal today so I’m going to meet up with her for a couple hours before my vip tour.

13 Likes

Ugh hopefully they resolve it easily!!

ROFL!!!

2 Likes

Oh my! I would be absolutely livid!!!

It was great seeing her even for just a few hours! I hadn’t seen her in years. They let me push my tour later from 6:30 to 8:00 so I could see her a little longer. Sucks I had this planned the same day. We went on ET, mummy, Spider-Man, forbidden journey and flight of the hippogriff. Wait times were not bad at all.
Tour is good so far. Lots of walking. We’ve done 2 houses. It’s mostly jump scares around corners so far.

8 Likes

I am. I’m very frustrated. They say they only have a record of my voucher and are looking into it.

5 Likes

Hopefully they will fix it soon.

BTW, the heart was for the picture, not what you said.

1 Like

Yea I should have done 2 separate posts lol. Thanks.

If you are going to HHN I’d say Us and Stranger things are the only houses really worth doing. The only good scare zone was zombieland. The tour was fun and it was nice to not wait in lines.
All in all not really worth the price to me but it might be to some people. Cool experience. It’s probably more fun with friends, actually I’m sure it is more of the kind of thing to do with friends.

6 Likes

Stop judging. It’s for the whole trip.

The guy ruined my stranger things doughnut by squishing it in the box. :cry:

10 Likes

I guess I’m too lazy to go back…but I’m confused. Were you not suppose to pay for the spa? Did they charge you the wrong price? Or you upset because they charged the wrong card? (I don’t know anything about groupon.)

You pay for a voucher on Groupon, and then use the voucher to pay for the service. They have taken the voucher, but then charged as well. So she has paid twice.

I see. I just always though Groupon was some sort of way to get a coupon to reduce the price of something. I didn’t realize you actually pay up front (pre-buy). Now it all makes sense.

Thanks.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear you say this. I am a huge Halloween/haunted house/scary movie fan and when I finally went to HHN a couple years ago, I was disappointed because I did not find it very scary at all.

1 Like

Plan for today is to have lunch at Margaritaville, relax at volcano bay for a bit, come back to the room, see the hogwarts castle show and shop in hogsmeade and have dinner on city walk probably at toothsomes. That could change though.
Tomorrow I’m going to try to get up early for the extra hour HP and do gringotts, diagon ally with low crowds, breakfast at leaky cauldron and then book it over to Hagrids when Islands opens. I have a dinner reservation at BICE tomorrow night.

5 Likes

I seriously wish I had done 2 nights at animal kingdom lodge and then 8 nights here and done uber to Epcot and HS. It would have been cheaper and I’d be in my fav hotel. From now on this is always going to be my hotel.

13 Likes

Love eating at Margaritaville.

9 Likes

How could he???

1 Like