Does Your Husband Carry a Backpack?

Yup to all of it.
I’m livin that Town&Country life to the fullest!

Not to mention I keep threatening to watch a movie in surround sound in the back seats. (Kids these days have it easy…AMIRITE??)

2 Likes

PLEASE tell me you dress up as Chewy with that thing???

3 Likes

This was pretty much my childhood…

2 Likes

I’ll jump on the minivan bandwagon too! 8 years ago when looking to replace my first basic-level minivan I was looking at SUV’s. Didn’t take long to realize I could get a highest-level minivan with every feature offered for 10-20k less than an SUV. Still going strong 8 years and 120k miles later and I’m just as happy with it as day 1! Now if only it were self-cleaning…

3 Likes

It has happened once, but my head is quite large so finding a mask that fits is nearly impossible.

I’m on my 6th or 7th Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler mini-van since my original 1988 model. Several of them have had 190,000+ miles on the odometer. I’m in the market for another one now. Looking for a pre-owned vehicle at this time in the market you can’t beat a mini-van for low miles, low price and low age, in my area.

Mini-van convert story: teen driver in our house making do with our mini-van. Until the robotics team needed to bring the robot to an outreach event on a drizzly day. Guess whose vehicle was the only one the robot fit in. And hauled an additional 3 teens.

4 Likes

Does my husband carry a backpack?? Sometimes 2! He is the pack mule in our family and I tell him often that I appreciate it.

14 Likes

Maybe you ‘assume too much’. :woman_shrugging:

She could have a deep voice.

2 Likes

Bonus: You also fit in to the environs better when in Galaxy’s Edge.

3 Likes

Hahaha, yes!

2 Likes

I got good use out of my sweatshirts the week after Thanksgiving last year. It was chilly in the mornings and evenings. The weather that week was my absolute ideal. Warm during the day and chillier in the morning and evenings.

2 Likes

Not to be believed without photos.

1 Like

In my head, just by looking at this, I can hear:
Pinball Wizard
Chuck Mangione
and Blondie

all at once.

We bought a Pacifica plug-in hybrid – it gets about 35 miles pure electric, which is plenty for our everyday driving, but it also has a full gas tank, which we’ve used on several cross-country road trips. It’s also eligible for the full $7500 electric vehicle rebate (I think the new rebate stuff starts up next year and it should still be valid). A fantastic minivan, if you can find one…

This. It took 9 months to get ours after being told 3 (or less). They’re telling people ordering a similar model/trim 12 months now. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I imagine you are well aware that we (men/husbands) are often like small children and you just need to bear with us. We think we know better.

“just take the damn bag” is what my wife would tell me. I would pout for a while but in my mind I’d think “I’m glad I have this backpack.”

Seriously though, I carry a medium sized backpack every day at the parks. My wife usually has a smaller tote bag etc. I usually carry water, snacks and light jackets for the whole family.

5 Likes

I’ve got a co-worker that started looking soon after we got ours in October, 2020 – he still hasn’t found one.

1 Like

We rented a Toyota mini-van for our Western Trip in May 2021. We got the hybrid Toyota mini-van and were meh to start with.

Before the end of our trip we were hooked on the hybrid idea.

But yes - try finding a car nowadays. My bad is lower than ever since an acquaintance drove from mid Missouri to Chicago to get the year and milage Subaru he was looking for.

Right now I’m basically after basic transportation. Basically.

We take one backpack and take turns carrying it, including the kids.

2 Likes

I am surprised you can fit your kids inside.

8 Likes