Do millennials ruin Disney parks?

Ya’ll say fake, and I would hope it is. Buuuuuut I’ve seen a level of entitlement in some people that makes it plausible. Some people are weird man, especially if you’re used to having everything handed to you.

7 Likes

RIght? In the time it took her to right this awful rant, she could’ve had that precious pretzel.

2 Likes

Mostly. But society in general has a negative view - mostly by the ones in your generation who act out - of millennials. But hey, at least your generation is visible. Mine is continually left off of things now. But we had our share of being judged by generations before us. EVERY generation has that. It’s part of life.

Mostly I’m glad to be out of the phase in life most of you are.

2 Likes

Oh no no, I believe the SENTIMENT is real…I’m just saying the story that she’s told here to gain sympathy or establish justification is a complete fabrication. She definitely didn’t like that Disney wasn’t catering specifically to her. As the thread on Reddit suggests, go check out the google reviews of Disney World. You’ll see a ton of it.

2 Likes

LOL, I don’t feel like ruining my day so early. I’ll take your word for it on that

2 Likes

Yeah if you ever need to roll your eyes as your daily exercise, you’ll definitely get your work out there. :rofl:

2 Likes

I do t see anywhere that @lizzieanne771 judged you at all. Being glad that she is older and wiser than she used to be isn’t a judgement on you or your generation. It’s a common feeling.

1 Like

That can’t possibly be true. Because I read in a Twitter rant about how millennials are single-handedly ruining Disney through their childlessness. You must be mistaken! :wink:

3 Likes

Deep breath! I may be an old lady but I do not think there was anything intended here. That being said, I will remind everyone to be kind.

Edited to add- when my son originally sent it to me I replied that I was confident that if it was true the woman would not think I should be at Disney too.

3 Likes

Well obviously!

Thanks @PrincipalTinker just seeing this reinforced without respect or apology is a bit off-putting particularly on a post specifically about millennials ruining Disney and particularly when this is the second time I’ve seen individuals in this community reinforce that perspective.

tenor

4 Likes

Well yes, but I don’t look at my
20 year old cousin and say “I’m so glad that I’m older and wiser than you.” I also don’t point out to my Gen Z students that it is okay for me to generalize you because everyone does.

Also once you hit your 20s, older doesn’t necessarily mean wiser - think we all know that :woman_shrugging:

Withdrew some posts and silencing this one. I think I’ll go back to the threads discussing FPPs and food.

I took @lizzieanne771’s statement not as any kind of attack on the millennial generation, but rather, recognizing that the generalized negative “press” that the millennial’s have is due to a subset of the generation as a whole, and that she’s glad to be beyond the phase when the world wrongly places blame on a given generation. It is, today, the millennials that are the scape goats…so she was being glad not to be grouped as such.

I guess I saw her statement more as understanding, and not as any kind of attack or judgment.

But, perhaps I’m wrong.

5 Likes

She’s talking about herself, so I think she has the right to look back and say I’m so glad I’m not 25 anymore, I did these stupid things, I let people treat me this way, and I wouldn’t do that anymore. Now I’m putting words into her mouth, but I can speak for myself and say I feel that way, and I know all my friends do too because we talk about it.

2 Likes

Exactly! Thank you!

Bingo! That is it exactly.

1 Like

Just to provide another perspective…I’m judging all of you. All of the time.

Back to topic, does it bother anyone else that such an obvious idiotic story got this much traction? We have magic band issues that has now been going on for over 2 months, NO reservation system announced for GE yet, and THIS is story got traction? (ok, back to topic…sorta)

6 Likes

I didn’t think these forums had “topics”, but more of a nebulous mass of ideas that move about much like an amoeba in water.