Do millennials ruin Disney parks?

Yes. It’s been on chat, it’s been on the Liners FB page, I’m sick of hearing about it.

2 Likes

@lizzieanne771, look I get where you’re coming from, but on a post where the topic is already millennials being entitled, followed up by you saying

I don’t think it’s unreasonable for me, as a millennial, to take offense. Saying you are so glad you aren’t something implies that there is something wrong with that characteristic. Ex: Looking at my friend who has blonde curly hair and saying, "thank god I don’t have blonde curly hair "(particularly in a conversation centered around people with blonde curly hair being awful) would likely be offensive to her.

I apologize if I heightened things or made you uncomfortable by drawing attention to your comment.

ETA: I figured out how to mute a thread. So that should be the last of me on this one.

1 Like

I am sorry you blew it way out of proportion.

But the other interpretations people posted of the statement are the correct ones.

2 Likes

I get frustrated in crowds. I get it. I’m not trying to invalidate anyone’s frustrations. At the risk of being sanctimonious I think Disney is big enough for everyone.

1 Like

ShhhhhhH! Don’t say that too loudly. I’d like to keep crowds low. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe not all at the same time.

1 Like

I guess I’ve been very fortunate, able to avoid seeing people yelling at kiddos etc while I’m in the parks. Could be because we almost always avoid afternoons.

Unfortunately there are parents who stay in parks with very little kiddos, through the heat and long lines etc.

It’s too bad more folks haven’t learned about using fast pass system well, or at all.

I guess you could say my technique for having a happy-place-go-lucky experience at Disney, is avoidance haha. And it is a happy place, for those of us who love it.

Call me a Pollyanna, but I love Disney. Been with my kiddos, now with them and grands, extended family, solo trips, friend trips. I’ll go whenever I can.

The friends and acquaintances who look at me funny when hear how often I’m at Disney, I just smile and say: next time you go, let me know, I’ll help you set up a touring plan.

No one has taken me up on that yet haha.

2 Likes

Some of the kindest people we met in Disney last year were younger people without kids and older people without kids. They were always striking up conversations with us or offering to take a picture of our family for us.

Btw, the lady who wrote the rant is clearly a crazy person :joy: It was the “tramps” fault she wouldn’t wait in line to get her son a pretzel. Ok, lady.

4 Likes

I read her statement as:

“I feel your pain. It happened to me at your age and I’m so glad I’m past that phase where everyone seems to judge me based on my peers. It sucks, doesn’t it? But this will change for you too.”

2 Likes

If only there were a good Disney name for this whole story, like say, Lady and the Tramp.

6 Likes

Yay. So her bad parenting skills are someone else’s fault. Her bad planning skills are WDW’s fault.

1 Like

Specifically, anyone and everyone born between the years 1981-1996 (depending on who you ask).

It makes me wonder how old this woman was. I mean, clearly she wasn’t born in those years!

phony as a three dollar bill.

Fiqqst.

4 Likes

This is me. Apparently I have blinders on as soon as we drive under an arch.

I was wondering if the woman (?) In the story is trying to be funny in a very inept way.

Not to mention: what’s her normal WDW vocabulary ?!?

You’re not alone. In my many, many visits to the Sacred Spaces, I don’t recall much if any showy drama myself. Which isn’t to say there isn’t family drama. In fact, with all my louche liquid breakfasts, I’ve become quite a connoisseur of the simmering resentments, sniping, and death-ray glares that seem to reach their apex at that time of the morning. But as far as the yelling and screaming, not so much.

Then again, I’m stubbornly - almost willfully - blind to the bands of drunken louts tolchocking and rampaging their way through W-J’s beloved EPCOT during the various festivals, turning it into a blasted hellscape of vomit geysers and mountains of empties.

So maybe I’m just oblivious.

2 Likes

Also, dear Washington Post and New York Times this doesn’t seem like actual news. Just more divisive cr… nonsense. Maybe when people are being idiots the last thing they need is a platform.

5 Likes

Yes!! Thank you!!

Millennials ruin everything!!!

I kid, I kid… Don’t come at me with a pitchfork :rofl:

1 Like

I just saw this in my feed:

2 Likes

I agree…on our last visit in May, my DD19 and I saw a mother harshly yanked her 9 or 10 year old boy by the FOOT to the side of the Haunted mansion ride. He almost fell and hit his head on the concrete wall. He had taken off his shoe, and she loudly berated him because they had missed their place in line and now had to wait with the next group to enter the interior part of the line. As soon as he got that shoe on he ran to his dad who never said a word.