Do millennials ruin Disney parks?

As a 33 year old woman in mouse ears I still felt a bit weird on those too :joy::joy::joy:

9 Likes

My father’s older brother and his wife love Disney. They don’t have children, but used to travel to WDW much more regularly than my parents went with 2 kids.

1 Like

When I was there in April-with my kid-it was actually the folks WITH kids that put a frown on my face. I have taken my kids to Disney and other places since they were little. I understand tantrums. But seeing parents belittle their kids because they were scared to go on a ride or meet a character, yell at them when they missed their fast pass because their kid had to pee, push their kids past their limits (overstimulation, hunger, heat, lack of sleep) which result in extreme meltdowns… This really gets me down. I saw one little boy that was screamed at tag team style by grandma and mom and dragged along by the scruff of his shirt while he was crying because he was scared and caused a commotion which resulted in them not going on a ride and losing their fast pass, which was impossible to get again. Ugh! Broke my heart! Maybe kids need a parent-free day. :woman_shrugging:t2:

10 Likes

Yes this is what I meant.

I meant some people do inappropriate behavior and I’ve read some comments about adults getting annoyed with children at more adult-like things like SW stuff.

I have no problem with adults traveling without kids. Sorry if I offended you b

My son sent me a screen shot of the tweet a couple of days ago for anyone that does not want advertisements

1 Like

Ugh, or when you and your children have been standing in your spot for fireworks for more than a half hour (toes to the tape) and then they start and adults come and squeeze themselves in front of you, blocking the children’s view. Happens to us, every single time. Nothing makes me crazier at Disney!

2 Likes

But “family” comes in all shapes and sizes and does not HAVE to include offspring.

5 Likes

Someone regrets their life choices.

5 Likes

That was my initial impression. Then I started to wonder if the entire thing was meant to be (badly done) tongue-in-cheek.

Anyhow, whether it is real, fake, or meant to convey some kind of irony, I figure it serves no practical purpose in anything.

I probably ruined a few July 18-21. LOL. Solo adult daring to celebrate my birthday at Disney with 2 character meals AND Up Close With Rhinos! I am not a Millennial (thank god!) - a solid Gen-Xer - but I am a solo adult!

No Mickey Pretzels for me though as they do not have gluten-free versions.

Hey… Maybe I should kick up a stink that I cannot get what is obviously the “full Disney experience” because they won’t get gluten-free Mickey pretzels!! (Yes, I’m being sarcastic. I get why it would be super challenging and not really cost-effective.)

6 Likes

I hope you let all the moms with kids get in front of you in line :rofl::rofl: After all, you’re the reason the line is 3 hours long :wink:. Never mind the tour groups with 50 kids or the line cutters that have 10 family members that slowly join the group by pushing by those in front of them.

By the way, happy belated birthday!

4 Likes

I’m not sure she thought that one through. She only wants people with kids to be allowed in. But also wants people with kids to go to the front of the line. How would that work?!

9 Likes

Yep!

And let’s not forget the SATGs that were ALL OVER the place!!

And thank you!!

1 Like

Wait. So, that technically means the parents would be allowed in, but not the kids themselves, right?

2 Likes

She was also mad that she saw a millennial in short shorts from afar that was buying a pretzel in a very long line! The horror! This millennial is obviously in the wrong here.

3 Likes

Clearly. I mean, even if millennials are allowed in at all, they should be forced into what might be considered a food “standby line”. The “fast pass line” would be for families only, and only when the FP line is empty will the SB line be allowed to eat.

2 Likes

Yes it was her fault that the mum said no and made her own kid cry. And she couldn’t possibly be a mum herself, because she was on her own for 2 minutes!

2 Likes

You know, when I re-read this rant, I’m struck by this:

“…what its like to have to stand in line for 3 hours with a cranky tired exhausted toddler…”

I’m not sure she’s bothered to find out about Fast Passes. And, if your toddler is cranky and tired, why would you take your child into a line that is 3 hours long? (I’m curious to know what ride has a line 3 hours long that a toddler would want to ride at DW.)

7 Likes

This is a great idea. Kinda like single-rider lines, where you can fill in the gaps if there are any.