Do leading reservations still work?

They typically go right back into the system. However, I have had two of the same FPs before and only cancelled one and I wasn’t able to add it again after trying for 10 minutes. I then cancelled the second one and when I looked both were available to pick up again.

It’s possible. However I’m sure I posted at the time that I saw the posts about leading reservations. The problem is, it could have been in the comments section on articles on other sites, or an actual thread on a forum. And I’m 90% sure I read them on more than one place, otherwise I wouldn’t have posted.

Here’s the BIG thread on cancellations, it could be in here somewhere. The other possibility is that it could be in my original post. But I think that’s in a thread I’ve muted when the arguments started getting heated!

I think I have also seen it (I know definitely as it relates to APs) on MouseSavers too?

Yes! You are correct. The thread you are talking about is still there - its the fast pass question thread. And the poster who lost the FPPs on the overlapping day lost them because there was no ticket entitlement for that day (she was pulled in under the umbrella policy for the first part of the stay). The FPPs for the second part of the stay were intact (as were mine). I have seen no first hand accounts of FPPs being cancelled when a leading reservation is cancelled as long as you have ticket entitlement and are staying onsite. Everything I have seen (and I follow the Disboards and others) are cancellations that have happened for tons of other reasons including no ticket entitlement, no onsite stay, overlapping rather than a leading reservation, etc. Every single post I have read about split stays indicate that as long as you have ticket entitlement and an onsite stay you are good to cancel the first part of a split stay which is essence is a leading reservation.

I know there were a series of threads where AP holders seemed to trigger the cancelation. It got to the point that AP holders FPs were being cancelled but regular ticket holders inbthe same situation were not?

Yes - it seems the system is sweeping AP accounts for FPs that were booked more than 30 days out to determine whether there is still an onsite stay and flagging those that don’t comply. There were/are other problems with APs and FPs that have to do with the fact that AP holders can only have 7 days of FPs and issues with multiple stays within 30 days of each other. Again - I have not seen any threads with cancelled FPs with ticket entitlements and onsite stays, AP holders or not.

I will have to spend some time this weekend looking because it is bothering me that I did read a couple of personal experiences with cancellation of FPs, only for AP holders, even when a section of on-site (DVC) reservation remained.

1 Like

I am curious to see what happens when I cancel part of my stay. I wonder if I will lose the FPs for the days I am offsite. I have an AP and my family has other tickets so I wonder if they will threaten to cancel mine but not my family’s. As of right now I haven’t gotten any warnings.

What I am trying to remember is if the craziness was happening when you could not book FPs if you had an AP and more than one reservation at the same time? It seems to me I was watching it because I have a cruise between two stays and there were some strange things going on for others in that situation (you could only book if you changed one member of your party ). Maybe the cancellations only happened as part of that weird glitch?

1 Like

I haven’t heard about issues with overlapping onsite reservations and loosing FPP when one is dropped.

My understanding was the FPP system didn’t let you book for the second part of your split stay until it’s in the 60 days in its own right?

I’ve followed every one of these threads and they often seem like offsite guests, AP holders who’ve reached that limit and lots of people saying “they’ve heard of” but no onsite not AP posters actually experiencing leading and overlapping reservations not working.

You are correct and this has been my point. I have not read about any FP cancellations when onsite stays and ticket entitlements are linked to the FPs.

The situation with booking FPs for split stays with 2 separate windows was a system glitch and was fixed last month. You can once again book FPs for a split stay for the entire stay when the booking window opens on the first day of the first reservation.

1 Like

Yes! Tons of issues with APs - mostly to do with the 7 day rule and reservations that were less than 30 days apart.

Thanks!

Yes, but after they fixed those issues, as @Nickysyme said, there were reports of AP targeted sweeps. That is where the remaining reservation cancellations were reported. It may have been a test, but it was an AP issue.

I have been testing this in preparation for a trip we have coming up in August. I have an AP and and a few weeks ago I booked 2 onsite stays at FW with Stay A being a leading reservation.

I booked FPs for all days. Once I was a few days into the 60 day window of my Stay B I cancelled Stay A. I received an email a couple of days later that I would lose FPs for Stay A but what I found interesting was that my check-out/check-in day FPs were not mentioned. I held onto the FPs for Stay A for a couple of days and they did not disappear. I decided to cancel them anyway. It has been almost 3 weeks and all of the FPs for Stay B that we’re booked “early” are still there with no sign of disappearing.

I will be canceling this reservation and associated FPs this week because my leading FP day for our August trip is next Saturday. I am booking with the understanding that anything can happen and the family we are traveling with are on board with the risk but I am feeling pretty good about our chances of holding onto the FPs we book.

3 Likes

Thanks! Were you the only one on all reservations?

Reservations were for myself and my wife. Both are APs.

As always, great info!

1 Like

Good attitude to approach it from. Anything can happen. Furthermore, you said your trip is in Aug. Are you going to be there for GE? I wonder if they’ll do another crackdown before that? Just be watchful and have a plan B.

So we will be checking out the week before GE (but hopefully after the Skyliner opens?). Yeah it will be interesting to see if they ratchet things up around that time period. They seem to be showing their IT strength right now. I just wish they’d focus on things like improving MDE instead lol.

Definitely going to keep our eye in any developments. Our Plan B is to “just keep refreshing” :fish: which should be easy if the crowds end up being as low as many expect.

2 Likes