DLR Lines Forum Chat

Good morning (for four more minutes anyway) Just wanted to hop on and say Hi. And practice finding my way here. Yesterday I sort of stumbled in using my phone via a link in chat. Today I barged right in the front door on the lap top. As I said on the very first day, I am resistant to change - but I usually come around. I am a stubborn headed Capricorn, after all.

2 Likes

With you as a role model @Nana2011 Iā€™m sure they will be just fineā€¦ Get some rest!! You deserve it!!

Good morning everyoneā€¦ Looks like another hot day for meā€¦ We need some rain!

Morning Tink. Another warm one here, too. No rain in sight :frowning:

1 Like

Keep hoping for it thatā€™s for sureā€¦ There was a new post today that says they might be looking into keeping both chat and the new forumā€¦ YEA. hope thatā€™s true! Though I do like posts lots of pictures here!

1 Like

Interesting. I like the pictures here. And Iā€™m warming up to the forum. But think I still prefer chat - probably because Iā€™m still adjusting to the whole bit. I am slow to learn new things. I was a Lines subscriber to the WDW side for a year and never participated (only lurked) on chat. Then we moved back to California. I was on the DLR side for many months before I chimed in.

1 Like

All quiet here on forumā€¦ Will go check out chat Everyone have a great day!!!

Hope everyone had a good Monday. :smiley:

Another quiet week here in the DLR forumā€¦ Come on in and look aroundā€¦ Donā€™t have to post but you still can ā€œlikeā€ posts or pictures so we know youā€™ve been hereā€¦ Glad to hear from everyone on chat. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

2 Likes

Hey tink. Iā€™m just checking in.

1 Like

@katshoresā€¦ So very sorry grandma is in the hospitalā€¦ Must have been very scary for all of you ladiesā€¦Like I said on chat our pixie dust and prayers are coming your way!! Hang in There Kat We are here for you XOXOXOX

4 Likes

And this is chicken divan as promised:) all I need is little gramma to eat it.

3 Likes

My kitchen smells pretty awesome :slight_smile: I had to roast the chicken first so thereā€™s roast chicken taunting me in the fridge too.

2 Likes

Now itā€™s MY turn to drool! Food is a big thing around here. Gramma was raised by her single mother (dad would drink the paycheck before it got home). She had 3 little brothers she had to care for while her mother worked 3 jobs (the youngest boys were twins). This was during the depression so food was scarce. Gramma and I both feel all is right if we have a full fridge, it means our family will eat. My parents were struggling students when I (and 15mos later my sister) arrived. Gramma & I identify with each other because weā€™ve always had to be the oldest, the one that gets a job & helps out. It really paid off when I was faced with raising Amanda alone. It didnā€™t scare me. Poor doesnā€™t scare me. No food in the fridge scares me. Itā€™s weird.

1 Like

You know @katshores I bet our Grammaā€™s were sistersā€¦Sounds exactly how mine was too she had 6 kidsā€¦ With my big mouth I would have never had made it back then! My grandma said one time you never said no to your grandfather and mom remembers him throwing his newly pressed shirt on the ground because it had a little crease and a pie because one side had a burnā€¦ I would have kicked his ass to the curb along time ago but back then things were different. My gramma had the kindest soul just a tiny thing but soo much love and loved to cook and bake until she couldnā€™t anymore. She stayed home and thatā€™s the way family worksā€¦Ohana means familyā€¦No one gets left behind! Love you guysā€¦ So glad we have become friends!! :wink:

1 Like

Wellā€¦ mom went to ER this morning at 4;50 and just like gramma @katshores she was having a hard time breathing and having bad pain on her left side. She had a triple bypass in Dec. and was getting a little better but I really think she hurts so bad and feels so bad she canā€™t do what she used to she has just about given upā€¦Sheā€™s still at the hospital donā€™t know if they will keep her or not. waiting for a callā€¦ She said Not to come back Soo stubborn that woman!!!

She actually ā€œletā€ me bring her some clothes before they took her downtown. Then made me take $20 so Jessica and I could have lunch. Oh that woman!!! Jessica had her laughing though because Jessica came in her room with a hospital face mask on looking goofy! She gave me her car keys so my brother or DH can get it home for her. Since I never learned to drive I canā€™t but told her I was now going to drive to Disneyland since I have her car and wallet too!! Thanks @Nana2011 for the kind words they sure help!

2 Likes

HUGE hug Tink :two_hearts: Iā€™ll be thinking of you and sending you lots of pixie dust. Gramma is still not home (one more day) but Iā€™ve been on this roller coaster for a few years so Iā€™m kinda used to it now. It sounds like maybe your dm is giving in a little if she gave up the keys so maybe send Jessica in to distract her & then get her to do whatever you want her to do :wink: Iā€™m shameless, Iā€™ll totally use Amanda on little gramma (she never says no to HER).

2 Likes

Now get some rest <3

2 Likes

Awww @Nana2011 she is just so beautiful!! Those eyes!! Charlie just came in. He has been hanging around over on my momā€™s side of the house most of the dayā€¦ He has food over at her place then comes over here and has foodā€¦ I also wonder how many homes he goes to and does that! Seems like everyone knows him!

1 Like