DLR Lines Forum Chat

Well looks like they are going to keep mom another day… She didn’t sound very good and gives me very little information on what’s going on. Wonder if I have the right to ask the Dr.? You know how they are about giving information out. Wouldn’t surprise me if my mom told them not to talk to anyone! LOL Gave me time this morning to go into her place and clean… Later I will wash n vacuum her car. When she was in the hospital in December And I knew she wouldn’t be smoking anymore I washed the walls, painted, washed all her knick knacks bedding, had the couch, chairs and carpet cleaned. She was so surprised when she came home and grateful…Keeps me busy too which is good…5 more days til school… YEAH!

Hope your feeling better soon @Nana2011! Exactly what I am going to the cupboard to get some saltines… Think I might go to bed soon too … long day… Isn’t that weird how cats know when your not feeling well and will stay close to you. DC was like that I would be on the couch with a headache and he could curl right under my legs… @katshores brought little gramma home… Last I heard she was having some chicken… Again get some rest and take care my friend…

1 Like

Hey @Nana2011 Good to have you up and feeling better! Haven’t heard from mom yet she called like 5 times yesterday with orders for me. Woman can hardly talk and she’s giving orders! I think they might keep her another day but she said today… We’ll see…Woke up to a drizzle this morning everything wet… Charlie too when he came in to eat. He usually hits my mom up first then comes here now he’s sitting half way through the screen door debating if he should go out in the wet or not. Still have some back to school shopping to finish DH working and Mom not here so looks like we might just take the bus… maybe to Kmart… This town stinks for shopping unless you like Coach, Tiffany’s or Saks Fifth… We have a Kmart in Goleta… No target no walmart super tiny 99 cent store NO DISNEY STORE!! Everything is in Ventura or Santa Maria. Well @Nana2011 you take care of yourself so your 100% for Shanghai! Sounds so fun… Have a safe trip my friend!!!

1 Like

@tink, hope your mom gets to come home soon! Wet weather is really hard on pneumonia patients. Our ER doc says fall is rough on seniors for that reason. Sending hugs & pixie dust that she recoups quickly & also completely :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Glad you’re feeling better Nana! In my world sick or under the weather means homemade chicken soup! Dd now knows how to make it too, says its not the same when she does it cause there’s no “momness” in it :wink: I guess I DO tend to go “all mom” on people sometimes.

2 Likes

Lol it’s almost a cardinal sin in my family not to simmer the whole roasted chicken once you’ve carved it & gotten most of the meat off. I simmer the rest of the meat off the bones (then strain for little bones), add some herbs, veggies, noodles, baby potatoes, snap peas, and some left over chicken meat & cook till its all tender. We can live off one chicken for almost a week around here…it starts as roasted chicken & turns into divan or enchiladas or flautas and then becomes soup. Same with turkey (but no flautas with turkey…not quite right in flautas). Yeah, I’m a foodie. Me & DD. DWB not so much (he hates chicken & fish).

2 Likes

Ooooo all this food talk has got me hungry! Mom just called she will be coming home today sometime. Her Best friend since she was 18 will be picking her up and bringing her home. When I called her friend to say mom was in the hospital she had a fit when I told her mom threatened to take the bus home. Later I got Hell from mom for telling people her business!! @Nana2011 you will be playing on that phone all day! That’s what I do when I get a new phone… Got to figure it all out! I hear they take good pictures too. @katshores at my grandma’s I remember her always doing that with the chicken and the turkey… So wish I had learned more from her…Cooking, sewing House keeping LOL! She would actually move the furniture to vacuum. Mom and I just go around! :smiley:

2 Likes

1 Like

I made a lot of chicken soup!

2 Likes

Oh @katshores that looks soo darn good!! :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m trying to make sure Amanda’s sibs, step mom & dad aren’t still sick when we go to DL. They get half & half stays here. I do not want us catching their cold either. Dd has a strong immune system tho cause she’s allergic to most antibiotics but we’re both run down right now.

2 Likes

Yum! That looks awesome!

2 Likes

Tink! Forgot to ask how mom is? Is she home?

2 Likes

Hey @katshores! Yeah she came home Saturday and has soo many more pills to take now. She now complains that when she was smoking she didn’t have all these problems. She was a hard core smoker for 50+ yrs then just stopped after her heart attack. Up until then she was hardly ever sick and now she’s depressed all the time because she can’t work in the yard or do stuff like she used to. Daily battle to keep her spirits up. Most days I can handle it, some I just have to count to 10 and think again of all she’s been though and how I would feel if I was going through it. Chat and all the fun that goes on there sure helps to bring my spirits up! Love you guys!!!

2 Likes

Hey @Nana2011 Soo true… I told mom if she wanted to smoke after her heart attack that was her choice I didn’t want her too but she raised both my brother and I to NEVER tell her what to do. I respect that.I hate to be told what to do too!. I Come from a whole family of smokers and drinkers. Gramma died at home still smoking up to the day… never drank much… that was my grandpa and 5 uncles… All happy drunks though if that makes a difference. couple fights on card night but as a kid you just remember everyone having a goodtime…Totally know where your coming from @Nana2011 I’m with mom everyday and can’t think of her not being around to get on my case! LOL Family!! You have a safe trip back my friend and am keeping my mind busy with this November trip coming up!!!

2 Likes

My dad’s family is very Italian and there’s a lot of us…when the wine flows we just get a bit louder and huggier :wink: I quit smoking almost 2 years ago, I promised Amanda and I use the $ I save to pay for DL trips. DWB (currently DA…I’m sure you can figure the “a” part) is very much an alcoholic (and a mean drunk who blacks out so he never remembers anything) and he chews tobacco. It’s hard for me to understand what it is that makes him so mean, he has this way of saying things that reduce me to nothing, make me question the type of person I am. He wears me down. Then he forgets he said whatever it was. Like the time he looked at me with utter disgust and said "are you going to do anything about your weight?"while we were at a restaurant. Next day he told me it never happened.

1 Like

Oh Kat that sucks so bad! what an idiot!.. He hates himself and is trying to make you feel the same. Don’t ever believe a word he says about you!! trying to drag you down with him too trying to make you feel bad so you stay with him… I would have told him about the weight comment yeah I’m losing 160 pounds now and kick him to the curb. Doesn’t NOT matter what we weigh look like, where we come from, where we’ve been. As long as you have a good heart and are a kind soul That’s all that truly matters. It will be hard Kat 13years is along time but you do need to start living for YOU Just tell him you can’t won’t don’t have the energy to do this anymore. You can be friends with his mom but need no contact for a while… Pixie dust and prayers for you my friend :smile:

1 Like

You’re so sweet! I’ve been wondering how things are going with your mom now that she’s home?

1 Like

She is home but has been depressed , grumpy and sometimes down right mean! I try to stay away when she gets like that but it’s hard to see her like this. I try to get her out as much as possible she can still drive she just doesn’t feel good and hurts all the time. You know you always wish there was something you could give them to not make them younger but just to feel good.

1 Like

Completely understand. Gramma goes through a mean cycle if things change too dramatically or if she isn’t feeling right. They just want to get back to “normal” & it’s hard to adjust to a new normal. Takes a little longer each time she has to go to the hospital for her to recover. Hopefully, once your mom is feeling better, she’ll snap out of it. Pixie dust!

1 Like