Disneyland Paris Trip Report!

Good call. We RD Crush and it wasn’t a bad wait at all.

1 Like

Have fun! The drone part (preshowl was our favorite!

2 Likes

That restaurant is SO cute!

Also…palapas.

13 Likes

Excellent. Plan to stake out a spot a little early to catch it all.

2 Likes

Hotel New York theming is great. I had booked Sequoia Lodge back in 2020, but once HNY reopened the location and newness made it an easy choice, especially since the package was less this time around!

My room is on the second floor with no view, but convenient to the elevator and lobby, so that’s a win.

Check in was super quick and my bags were already in my room, so I unpacked a bit and decided to head back into the park since wait times have dropped. I also knew if I sat down there was a good chance I wasn’t making it back out. :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

13 Likes

Did Buzz Lightyear first, a favorite of mine in every form. Posted 15 min wait, actual 12. Pretty sure it’s the same as DLR’s version. You can pick up the guns and there are different shapes targets, but there weren’t any lighting up for bonus points. I forgot again that unlike WDW you have to let go of the trigger to keep shooting so got off to a slow start. Hopefully I can ride that over and over at some point on the trip to build up my high score.

Made my way back to Fantasyland where a lot has already closed, am hour and a half before park close.
Fmtasyland in particular is very reminiscent of DLR. I hit up Snow White (posted 15/actual 5) and Pirates (posted 5/actual walk-on). Had a boat to myself which added to the atmosphere for sure. That was definitely my favorite version of Pirates I’ve done so far.

Grabbed a water and a seat on the curb along the hub around 10:15. Pulled up a book on my phone and passed the next 30 minutes til show time.

13 Likes

The drone show was EXCELLENT. So cool to see something totally new. Illuminations was fun, not my favorite. Was funny to see movies like Pirates and Star Wars included and an interesting choice to use footage from the live action BatB. Sleeping Beauty Castle and the surrounding land is a great backdrop for a projection show.

16 Likes

Wow, SO much better than WDW’s 50th celebration! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

My friend and I might go to DLP in a September. Probably decide by the end of the month. I went back in 2013, when the 20th Celebration were happening. At the time I did not think the parks were very Disney compared to WDW/DL. So hoping it’s better now. We all plan to stay at the Marvel Hotel. Likely only one night due to the cost.

2 Likes

Parc Disneyland feels very Disney to me now, hopefully you’ll find the same! And Avengers Campus should be open by September so that’ll help WDS at least a bit.

3 Likes

The 30th statues/art blow the WDW ones out of the water too. They are incredible. I’m planning to get all of them tomorrow and will share some of the best, although photos don’t do justice to the motion of them.

WDW 50th treats beat out anything here though! And the WDW merch is much better too.

6 Likes

Back in the hotel and gearing down for the night. Early morning to try out the extra park hour for hotel guests and try and knock out Crush’s Coaster. Then I can basically be done with WDS besides any potential rerides.

5 Likes

that’s disappointing, could it have something to do w/ ‘american’ taste buds? :laughing:

1 Like

Oh. My. Gosh.
I want to stay there. Ironman!!!

2 Likes

Slightly later start than planned, but I slept hard. It’s shortly before 8:30 and I’m walking towards the Disney Village and heading to WDS. Crush is the goal for this morning.

It’s about 55 this morning but there’s a high of 75 and it’s already a perfect blue sky, so looking like an awesome day.

10 Likes

Mickey was in the Studios building greeting guests.

Got to Crush at 8:35. No posted wait when I got in line, but shortly after it jumped to 100 minutes and then 150 min by 9am. Fingers crossed it’s not actually close to that.

9 Likes

Actual wait for Crush was 35 min. So not bad at all, but you want to be at the gates before 8:30 to really take advantage of rope drop. I’ll keep that in mind for a Big Thunder RD tomorrow.

The ride itself was excellent. I really enjoyed it and definitely plan to try and ride it again. It’s so smooth and the rotating car is just awesome.

Since I was in the Studios, I went ahead and hit ToT again as well. Posted 5 min wait, actual 12.

Time to find some breakfast before heading over to DLP.

11 Likes

I’m going in September!

I’m staying at the Marvel Hotel for one night due to the cost! (And Newport Bay for two.)

5 Likes

Newport looked beautiful across the lake!

1 Like