Disneyland Paris Trip Report!

Nice!
I love surveys.
I had one this AM on WDW site.

1 Like

Is it really 80 there?!? Everyone is dressed for winter :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m excited to follow along!
And I really need to finish my DLP trip report…:woman_facepalming: I’m glad you have warmer weather and excited you spotted Sam. She’s one of our faves as well.

3 Likes

It was probably 65 when I took the picture. I’m in a skirt and short sleeve shirt. It’s amazed me how warmly folks have been dressed in Europe! Especially considering that air conditioning isn’t quite as prevalent as in the states.

5 Likes

Mickey and the Magician was delightful. It was half in French but still easy to follow along. The dancers (and singers) were once again excellent and the magic and illusions were fun.

16 Likes

I was thinking I would be dying there in that heat in those clothes.

3 Likes

Following along! We had a trip planned for 2020 that we had to postpone as well. Going next June.

This is great! I’m LOVING the photos.

4 Likes

Yay! Glad you were able to reschedule. There should be lots of new stuff for you when you come too.

1 Like

100%

1 Like

I too had a 2020 trip with frikkin direct nonstop $450 round trip ticket from Austin, TX to Paris. They’ve since cancelled that flight and now after reading someone else’s report, I’ve decided to wait a couple of years to make it up in hopes of Frozen/Avengers lands. I think now 2024 is my plan now. But thanks for doing the report because there is not nearly as much information about the international Disney parks so it’s extra helpful!

6 Likes

Of coursssse they cancel the route. Ugh!

I’ll be thrilled to hear how visits are after the new lands!

1 Like

15 min posted, 22 min actual for Tower of Terror which is the DLR style but seemed to be a little longer. Big fan (although always prefer WDW’s version).

After ToT, I had an hour and a half til my Chez Remy reservation, and I attempted to catch the last Frozen show but unfortunately it was full with 20 min til showtime.

Headed way back to the Cars Road Trip which was a walk on and not really worth any more than that. Any attempt at Cars theming is tough in comparison to DCA, but this was really just set pieces.

11 Likes

Is that last pic the back side of water ? :rofl: :laughing:

7 Likes

It is indeed. On the far side of the Lake if I remember. I think the ride is meant to be similar to FEA but built specifically for the land.

Originally this was to be ready for the 2024 Olympics but I’m not sure if that’s still on track because of the Covid shut down.

One thing I love about DLP was they took advantage of the shut down to refresh a lot of the garden areas, re-painted, lots of maintenance etc. And unlike at DHS which closed the Backstage Tour and left it sitting for more than a year, DLP turned part of it into a Cars montage kind of ride using the trams from the Backstage Tour.

I really have to visit. Last, and only time, was pre the Studios park. Back in 95!

6 Likes

Hahah nailed it!

2 Likes

This shows. The landscaping, especially in front of Disneyland Hotel and within DLP is STUNNING.

6 Likes

All that’s left to do at WDS now is Crush and the Animation Academy. Crush still has a posted 60 minute wait so I’m going to plan to come do that at park open tomorrow.

Had an hour to kill before dinner, so strolled around all the shops (literally all like 5 of them) and just enjoyed some Disney ambience!

Waiting now to be called for dinner.

15 Likes

I think last I checked it was still on for 2024 but with a very vague announcement. It may have said summer of 2024 when I looked a couple of months ago hence me pushing out my trip and doing Tokyo Japan next year when I think they are vaguely supposed to be finished with those new additions for like Neverland and such. I’m hoping that’ll be open by August 2023 when I’m planning on visiting and then sometime summer 2024 for Paris. Fingers crossed!

5 Likes

The design and atmosphere of Chez Remy is top notch. The food…is not. I went with the three course Emile menu for a treat and the steak was definitely the worst I’ve had on a Disney property. The soup and pastry were both okay.

10 Likes

I’m heading to Hotel New York now to get my luggage and get checked into the room. My plan is to head back to DLP for the night show by 10pm.

5 Likes