Disneyland Hotel Reviews Updated for 2021

Creating a place for us review DLR area hotels during and hopefully soon, post pandemic times. I am going to link a previous thread so you can see what the thoughts were a few years ago.(Personal Reviews of Disneyland Area Hotels)

4 Likes

I was really lost looking for good hotels in the Anaheim area when I started looking in 2019. (Even after purchasing the “Unofficial Guide” book.

This is a helpful thread, I’ve also become a big fan of Anaheim Park Tourist on YT

Another good YT source is Honest Hotel Reviews

1 Like

Here are my thoughts on the Fairfield from the other thread:

(Whoops - reposted to the right thread this time.)

3 Likes

I’ve done quite a few in the area, I think Grand Legacy was the closest so far, and it was just fine, room was clean and of course its pretty close!! I have also stayed at the anaheim hotel, but its been a while, I love the pizza press there, but the rooms were a tad dated ( nice large patios tho!) Clarion is alway a great deal, and I have never had a problem there, although the place gets bad reviews. The Hilton properties in the area are all great (hilton convention doubltree, and homewood), but some might consider them a bit far. I honestly think one of my all time favorites is the Hyatt House!! They have bigger suite style rooms and right above the walgreens, super conveniant!! Then , last on the list, is the low low budget places, like the Travelodge, Little boy blue , and the Riviera. nothing fancy about these places. At all!! a little sketchy…
My next stay is booked at the Fairfeild, yet to stay, but I am pleased with the price I got and the location!

2 Likes

I have subscribed to the Honest Hotel Reviews channel, there recommendations are great!

2 Likes

We just stayed at one of the low budget places, but it had high reviews on Hotels.com. It’s the Super 8 on Disneyland Drive. The outside is not much to look at but the staff were nice. The room was clean and spacious, but plain. For our purposes it was great - free parking. We walked to the event at DCA. It was not too bad, but I wouldn’t want to do that walk several days in a row. Don’t know if I would stay there again or not, but it definitely was better than I expected.

3 Likes

This is the 2 room suite at the Grand Legacy we stayed at in March. ( $ 173 a night ) 4 queens with a sofa queen sleeper. 2 bathrooms with the sink outside the bathroom. The front tower is nice when there is no band playing at the Rooftop bar. When there is you can feel the bass thumping. If it 80z All Stars playing than that’s OK :heart_eyes: The elevator for the front tower is a bit slow so sometimes I take the outside stairs up :blush: They were not offering the free breakfast then and they weren’t sure when they would start back up. The shops around were all closed. The nearest was the CVS on the corner, down Harbor.

3 Likes

Were they serving any kinda breakfast? Grand Legacy used to give a little bag ( Water, apple, granola bar and cheese stick) most people hated it but I loved to have the waters ( $ 3 in park!!! LOL) Tropicana used to have a breakfast then stopped. Park Vue Inn’s probably was the best on Harbor and they stopped for now too. Desert Inn hasn’t opened back up yet so I haven’t had a chance to check them.

1 Like

They had suspended breakfast due to Covid while we were there but I got the impression it will come back eventually. They have a cafe with a Pizza Hut (that apparently used to be open for breakfast!) on the 3rd floor. I only went there to microwave my beignets for breakfast and it was deserted. All that was left was a couple of refrigerator cases in the lobby.

2 Likes

I have stayed at Grand Legacy and really liked it! Also, stayed once at Fairfield and that was nice too. Have also stayed at King’s Inn which is on the budget side but the room was clean and nice and it had good reviews. However, we saw a man outside his room passed out and surrounded by drug paraphernalia late one night when we returned from the parks. We called the front desk and I hope they did something about it. I don’t want to blame the hotel for that, though.

2 Likes

Is JimBoys permanently closed?!?!?!?

Sadly yes. Ro got me hooked on them then they closed :slightly_frowning_face:

They were SOO good :cry: As my kids say about all the stuff like this: “Stupid coronavirus”

1 Like

1 Like