Here’s What You Need to Know About Disneyland Resort’s Reopening, Including

Will do! Thanks!

1 Like

@93111tink

Both of you mentioned S Harbor Blvd. DS16’s friend’s family wants to go with us. They are a family of five with a current 8, 12 and 17yo. We’ve known them for many years as our boys have been BFF’s since 5th grade when my son gave his yogurt to the other boy. They are on a different budget and honestly I shouldn’t be spending over $700/night on a room when I take as many trips as I’ve been. I mentioned Fairfield to them and she’s okay with that. Is one of the better options in your opinion? I just mentioned it since I had seen @Jeff_AZ had booked it. She wants us to be at the same hotel, I want to be able to walk but the walk looks similar to the walk from Disneyland Hotel. I seem to remember you could get Magic Mornings to Disneyland Park before with just a three day ticket or more so even if they bring it back by then maybe that’s an option? I’ve never stayed offsite but Disneyland seems the place to do it with so many options. Fairfield Inn Rooms say they sleep five but no rollaways so I’m guessing they have a sleeper chair or couch the 8yo could use? Have you stayed and can confirm. I looked into getting a suite but they were sold out for that weekend.

And Just curious your faves and tips for a first time off-siter so I can be a good Liner to these first timers of any Disney park. It was so adorable when she asked me if Harry Potter and Universal were a part of Disneyland? I forget sometimes when I did things like say WDW “normal” people have no idea what I mean and I’ve begun typing DH and DS at work. Whoops.

3 Likes

I haven’t stayed at the Fairfield yet. It looks really nice but I am too lazy at the end of the night to walk that far. :laughing:( It isn’t really that far :rofl: ) I have to stay this last stay we stay at The Grand Legacy in a 2 room suite and the place was huge. 2 queens in each room with 2 bathrooms and a huge living room with a queen sleeper. I believe it was $200 a night and honestly almost as nice as onsite just no Disney stuff. Park Vue Inn suites are pretty nice and some will have a kitchenette. Next would be Tropicana Inn suites. All within budget and walking distance. I think where ever you stay you all are going to have a blast!!!:heart:

2 Likes

Yeah I could ask her about that suite at Grand Legacy. It looks reasonable and it’s right across the street. They aren’t booking past July it doesn’t look like so I’ll have to keep an eye. Thanks for the tips. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They might have just added it now I’m showing booking into 2022. And it might qualify for the prepaid discount. And you are welcome! I love sharing any Disney tips! :heart:

2 Likes

Honestly the Grand Legacy is sounding pretty great! I wish I had tried it to compare (or that @93111tink had tried Fairfield). A long, long time ago I stayed at a couple different places on Harbor that I didn’t like but I’m sure they’ve all been refurbished since then.

The Fairfield is about as nice as a normal Fairfield that I’ve stayed in in many cities (I am a Bonvoy member so Marriott is always my preference). The rooms are clean and recently refurbished. Beds are comfortable. They have several room configurations that you can see when you book. I was looking the other day and I think one configuration was two queens plus a sleeper chair. They also have a king plus sleeper couch, which is the room I stayed in. The “Themed Rooms” were nice but probably not worth a lot extra - I think it was like a $10 difference my nights so I sprung for it. The walk is not far at all.

Good luck!

2 Likes

It does have booking in Oct but just not with the sale which is how I was looking the first time @93111tink. Thanks for making me check again. We booked Fairfield the other day and I went back and looked and the junior suite is available (sleeps 6) but it’s $550 more for the four-day weekend and it honestly does not look like that much space. Given this is their first trip and the kids are all older I doubt we’ll be spending much time in the rooms. We have 3.5 days as we our returning flight is at 5:30pm and she wants to do Harry Potter (and fingers crossed HHN because I loved that last time). So I told her we’d do 1 day at Universal. 1 day at DCA and 1.5 days at Disneyland. This just leaves not hotel time anyway.

2 Likes

I stayed at the Fairfield and I didn’t hate it, I didn’t love it either. My friend and I are going to try all the hotels right there to see what we like best. The Tropicana is up next in May. I may need to resurrect the old thread about hotel reviews on Harbor and onsite.

4 Likes

I was just thinking of making an updated one with all our latest pictures! :heart:

2 Likes

I too will be at Tropicana and just noticed they raised room prices $50!!

We will be in a 2 queen with a chair sleeper. This is the sleeper. It was kinda a tight fit for me. But was comfortable :blush:

4 Likes

I still have my grand Californian room too. Maybe if Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier open back up and they have a sale I can switch us. The Fairfield does just look basic. But again as long as the beds are comfortable and I can sleep okay so it’s not too noisy (I can handle white noise like the highway fine. Used to live in an apartment off IH35 in college). I don’t super care.

3 Likes

I stayed at the Fairfield earlier this month for the first time. It was fine. Grand Legacy seems to be my favorite as I have stayed there many, many times. The front tower @93111tink mentioned is very nice. Fairfield was about the same distance as the Grand Legacy, just in the other direction.

4 Likes

Okay. Thank you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great idea! And maybe we can link the old one for reference.

1 Like

The Grand Legacy is also on my list. I remember that it was @lolabear_la’s favorite for a spell. I am thinking that might be a good choice when we take the boys for graduation next year.

1 Like

We were able to get it for $140 per night Memorial Day weekend.

1 Like

The best Western was already at $200 per night.

1 Like

Congratulations on getting the days you wanted! I can hardly wait to follow along on a couch trip

1 Like

Hey my friend! I can not wait! I was just telling Nana that I am so excited I have been restless :laughing: Bought my train tickets today, so I am ready to sit at the gate on Harbor Blvd at 5am for bag check to open :heart_eyes: Jessica was like No Mom… Oh Yes Daughter we totally are. At least I am :crazy_face::rofl::heart:

1 Like

We stayed at the Fairfield for Touch. It was the first time we have stayed at a Fairfield. I’m pretty sure we didn’t reserve a themed room but we got one. It was just a painted wall and to me, it wasn’t anything special. But, it was under $100/night and very walkable, like 0.5 miles to the gate. Our room, 2 queen (I think) was okay. I think the chair could have been opened up to a sleeper.

The sink is outside the bathroom, though there was a frosted glass sliding door between the sink area and the sleeping area. The microwave, fridge, and closet rod were in that area. I don’t tend to like the sink being outside the bathroom in a hotel room. The bathroom was tiny… The room was rather narrow in width but long. In some ways, it kinda reminded me of a Pop room. But the Fairfield room is longer.

1 Like