Here’s What You Need to Know About Disneyland Resort’s Reopening, Including

Congratulations on getting the days you wanted! I can hardly wait to follow along on a couch trip

1 Like

Hey my friend! I can not wait! I was just telling Nana that I am so excited I have been restless :laughing: Bought my train tickets today, so I am ready to sit at the gate on Harbor Blvd at 5am for bag check to open :heart_eyes: Jessica was like No Mom… Oh Yes Daughter we totally are. At least I am :crazy_face::rofl::heart:

1 Like

We stayed at the Fairfield for Touch. It was the first time we have stayed at a Fairfield. I’m pretty sure we didn’t reserve a themed room but we got one. It was just a painted wall and to me, it wasn’t anything special. But, it was under $100/night and very walkable, like 0.5 miles to the gate. Our room, 2 queen (I think) was okay. I think the chair could have been opened up to a sleeper.

The sink is outside the bathroom, though there was a frosted glass sliding door between the sink area and the sleeping area. The microwave, fridge, and closet rod were in that area. I don’t tend to like the sink being outside the bathroom in a hotel room. The bathroom was tiny… The room was rather narrow in width but long. In some ways, it kinda reminded me of a Pop room. But the Fairfield room is longer.

1 Like

We have never stayed onsite at Disneyland. We normally stay across the street for convenience and we have stayed at a few of them over the years. To me, they feel like Pop but a bit bigger and they can be well used. Fairfield was clean but it doesn’t have carpeting.

I would love to try the Grand Legacy others are talking about.

We stay a lot at Hilton family hotels. I noticed that there is a Hilton Garden Inn in back of Fairfield opening May 1. They don’t have good pictures, which makes me think it’s a new hotel. Prices seem reasonable.

In the last year, we have been staying frequently at Homewood Suites. But the one near Disneyland is almost a mile from main gate and it doesn’t have the option we normally get. We get the two bedroom (1 King and 2 Queen), two bathroom suite. It’s cheaper than 2 separate rooms (less than $220 before tax). It is an over kill for 3 of us. But I’m tired of DD20 waking me up with his tossing and turning, and rustling the sheets and him being in a bad mood all day because DH’s snoring keeps him up.

1 Like

JUST because I :yellow_heart: you guys…Marriott Theme Park entrance is the only place I’ll stay offsite. Within walking distance, clean and a Starbucks in the lobby they don’t advertise so people walking by don’t overload the place. This message will self-destruct in a couple of days because I don’t want this secret to go the way of Sacred Places.

5 Likes

That’s the Courtyard, right? I’ve got a room reserved there for October!

For those that don’t know the Fairfield brand, it is much more spartan than Courtyard, so don’t expect anything lavish. The main thing I like about it is it is predictable - clean, tidy, comfy beds, etc. No frills. If you want something a little more cushy, try the Courtyard or one of the other recommended hotels.

4 Likes

You are going to love it! They decorate the hotel for Halloween too. We’ve never had a bad stay.

2 Likes

For my dates the week before Thanksgiving. For just me, it’s a bit pricey! :weary: Especially when it’s just me.

3 Likes

I’m glad I booked mine before the park reservation system opened! I think prices have risen already.

2 Likes

Two weeks earlier it’s in the low $200’s. It fluctuates based on conventions and whatever the park’s doing. I’m sorry though!

3 Likes

Never mind, I think I have the wrong resort up. Ignore me!

I had the Courtyard.
Much more reasonable though!

Are you still talking about the Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance?

1 Like

I’ve stayed at Courtyards for work. They are nice compared to the Fairfield at Disneyland.

2 Likes

I was and I thought I had pulled it up to find cheaper rates, but I accidently looked up the other Courtyard.

1 Like

@tink I would be like you-5 am and waiting out front. That is part of the fun. When we go to DLR I always have my family at the airport hour early. They hate it but for me it somehow makes it more exciting to be at the airport rather than just lying in bed staring at the ceiling.

2 Likes

That reminds me of the time we surprised the boys with a trip to DLR and I couldn’t wait any more (I was doing the whole stare at the ceiling) and ran in and bounced on there beds to wake them up. It was 4:30am. We were driving, so we could leave whenever. DH was not as excited as I was at that early hour.

6 Likes

I relate to this. The couple of times I’ve been able to surprise people are so very hard on me.

2 Likes

I love that! I put the Disney music on a little loud around 4am. Usually gets DD up pretty quick. Although it seems more on the day we arrive than the day we leave :rofl::heart:

2 Likes

We are making a list and hoping on going to ride every ride that is open! Starting with Snow White! :heart_eyes::heart: Can Not wait to see it! :heart:

6 Likes