Disneyland for WDW Veterans

Many of us write TRs for DLR! I wrote 3 last year. So, please write one and take us along!

I went to DLR around the same time in 2022, for the Lunar New Year Festival in DCA. It was our first time for that event. As another example of a trip report, here’s the one I wrote for that trip: LunEAR New Year.

Looking forward to reading about your trip!

6 Likes

Thank you! I will read it tonight!

2 Likes

I just needed to jump in here and say how helpful this thread is. Big thanks to @Jeff_AZ for the map mashup and to so many who contributed other details.

2 Likes

I just showed my daughter the map - she is so excited!

2 Likes

Wait, back up a second. At the time you wrote this, there were two more rides at the two parks in DL than in the 4 parks at WDW?

3 Likes

That’s correct! There are a lot of rides jammed into these two parks. Especially DL park.

4 Likes

Holy carp! This is amazing!

1 Like

5 Likes

This is such a late reply, but made me laugh. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve dreaded a walk from one place to the next at epcot :joy::joy:

At this point I’ve seen too much of Canada and UK, I use the boat now to get across.

Boy that walk from Remy to frozen or up front to the back can feel like forever.

2 Likes

Once back in the day when you had to get fastpasses at the machines outside of the ride, Test Track had been down all day. After every single Future World ride we did, I’d go over there to see if we could ride it if it was short or get a Fastpass. It comes to be lunch time. We have reservations at Chefs de France. My whole family got to leisurely enjoy their meal while when I saw Test Track go back online ran down there and back and I believe it was something like 2 miles round trip but that was awful! Thankfully being able to book stuff on our phones really helps so I just mostly do Epcot in circles and might back bounce between a country or two.

5 Likes

Tomorrow is my 60 days to going to WDW, so I know dining opens up there for my entire stay.

I’m about 68 days to DLR. there is no +10 there, it’s a 60 days, one day at a time, right? And what time do they open up?

1 Like

Correct. And sometimes not all reservations are loaded right away, so keep checking.

Start checking the night before (maybe as early as midnight eastern). I’ve noticed that sometimes they are posted then and by the next morning availability is more spotty.

1 Like

Oh goodness. So it could be anytime? Yikes.

1 Like

I can’t remember the exact time that I saw reservations pop up when I was looking for my most recent trip, but I think it was 9 or 10pm pacific. Officially I think it’s the following morning. You may want to do a dry run tonight or sometime in advance just to see what you can get and when.

1 Like

Ok, that sounds like a good idea!

1 Like

I just checked for 1/1/24, and everything I wanted is still available for that date, so I’m thinking I’m worrying over nothing. Like what are the ADRs that might get picked up really fast?

1 Like

Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, Carthay Circle, and Lamplight Lounge are probably the hardest to get.

I’ve never tried to get Napa Rose but if that’s one you want, you may want to snag it asap as well.

And by the way, Wine Country Trattoria is one of my favorites and it is really easy to get.

1 Like

Cool cool! I was going to use Wine Country Trattoria for their WoC package, I think.

Cafe Orleans, Storyteller’s breakfast, Carthay Circle, Wine Country, and Napa Rose.

1 Like

I would go in this order: Napa Rose > Carthay Circle > Orleans > etc.

1 Like