Disneyland for WDW Veterans

Ok I’m going to have to amend my answer and say Incredicoaster is better. I forgot about riding at night. Also that extra minute is where all the bunny hops are, which is one of my favorite parts of the ride (after the launch and the big drops).

2 Likes

Yay! Do we get an updated spreadsheet to make it official? :wink: LOL

2 Likes

Since you asked, I went ahead and updated it in the original post. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awh, Thanks!

1 Like

This thread is very interesting to me b/c I’ve been to WDW 4x but have never been to DL, and it’s on the list. Thanks!

3 Likes

I am really enjoying it too! I can’t count all the times I’ve been to Disneyland since the early 70s but I confess I have yet to see WDW. It terrifies me to think of all the planning it takes. But reading about the differences sure makes me want to see it all in person at least once :blush:

1 Like

You just need to go with Karen. :wink:

3 Likes

I haven’t been back to WDW since 2009 as I love Disneyland so much but we’re finally going back May 2022 so this is helpful! Will be my kids’ first time at WDW.

4 Likes

Isn’t Disneyland getting MMRR? Where are they putting it? Where Mickey’s PhilharMagic is in DCA?..Just remembered Toontown.

1 Like

Yes the entrance will be right next to Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin, but the show building is in a backstage area. Here is a picture by bioreconstruct on Twitter of the site when it was being excavated, as well as a Google Maps view with the building in place.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

PhilharMagic is in the old Muppets 3D building

3 Likes

Yup, that I remembered but I couldn’t think where’d theyd put MMRR and then I remember seeing giant ugly walls in Toontown in images about MMRR.

3 Likes

Wanted to post this somewhere.

5 Likes

Thanks!!!

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You nailed it. I think I’ve had those same conversations.

I actually tried to criss-cross MK like I do DL and it really does feel like a lot more work. No wonder the boys opted to skip out on the parties.

3 Likes

In fact, I just did this on my tour. We had Oga’s at 8:30 or 8:45, and DS wanted to do Grizzley before it closed at 10. So we had to run out through Fantasyland/Tomorrowland/Mainstreet during MSEP traffic (when I had my panic attack at the Tea Cup Crush) to make it into DCA and onto Grizzley in time.

We made it juuuuust in time.

3 Likes

This is a great thread. I’m sorry to be so late to the party, but I’m planning a trip to DL, and decided to read this thread.

Two comments:

• I will never ride Space Mountain at WDW again. It’s too jerky for me. I will still ride it at DL, but not more than once per trip.
  • I prefer Incredicoaster to RRC, but mainly for the theming. I would rather have Disney related rides. It’s also why I prefer Guardians to ToT.

One question, because I know you’ll be helpful Jeff. Is there a trip report thread for DL? Do people do trip reports? I always like writing a trip report, and was hoping to post it here.

Our trip is January 28 - February 1. Can’t wait! I’m going with my sister. My last trip was WDW in late 2019 with my 17 y/o son.

4 Likes

There is not a sub-category specifically for Disneyland Trip Reports, but people post them under the regular Disneyland topic, or in La Cava if you want it to be more private. Please write one up! It’s always great when the west coast gets a little more attention!

Here’s one of mine just for reference:

3 Likes

Great! Thank you - I’ll read it tonight!

2 Likes