Disney+

It is being released officially in February on Disney+! Presumably it will be significantly different from what is on YouTube, but we will get a more fulfilling ending.

2 Likes

Whaaattt??? On the one hand, I am very excited. On the other hand, it won’t be the same if their limbs actually move when they run! :rofl:

2 Likes

Here’s the official trailer:

2 Likes

Oh. My. Gosh! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Am I the only one who ran into password issues for every new device that I set up? I had to request a new password on almost every new device that I set up. I always changed to the same password that I used previously, and it worked, but it would not be recognized as correct until I did that for each device.

1 Like

I didn’t have that issue. My password worked on all devices the first time.

Didn’t have that issue exactly, but your Disney Plus/MDE accounts are linked. So if you use the same email on both, they will also share the same password.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @Randall1028, I am aware of the linked accounts - as I have many different Disney accounts (sites) which are all tied together (D23, DMC, DMR, MDE, ShopDisney etc). It was simply rejecting the password every time we tried to sign in on a new device. We could hit the forgot password link and simply reset to the existing password on each device, and then it would work. It was weird.

right, sorry, wasn’t strictly trying to inform you, it was more for others who were experiencing similar issues. There was more than few complaints yesterday that didn’t realize all the accounts linked up.

1 Like

No worries, I did not take it negatively at all. Appreciated your reply, as I might not have known that. :+1:

Can anyone think of a reason to use a separate email address for this vs the rest of our Disney stuff? I don’t want to give my kids access to all of my MDE, but I will let them have the account to log into Disney+ on their ipads/iphones.

Will using a separate email be a problem?

Shouldn’t be a problem and in many ways would be preferable.

1 Like

That wasn’t the case for me. I used the same email and set a different password.

Edit: I take it back, I might have inadvertently used the same password. Need to check…

That seems like a really crazy way to set it up if they basically connected a video streaming platform to a vacation planning platform with the ability to spend thousands of dollars.

1 Like

Actual issue I’ve had. Don’t know if it’s isolated to my specific devices.

When I watch part of a movie and come back later, there is no indication that I’m going to continue watching from where I left off. There is also no option to start over from the beginning.

Edit: Okay, now the restart button showed up after I got several errors trying to just search to the beginning with the rewind button.

1 Like

No issues using the same password on the iOS devices, but trying to set up the Xbox, it asked me to change my password. Not a big deal. However, the old password seems to be working on the iOS devices as my kids haven’t asked me for the new password. This might be because they haven’t closed the app.

2 Likes

Good point @DisneyDadTryingNotToYell, no one in our house has closed the app yet either. :rofl:

1 Like

More original Mickey Mouse Club!!!

From what I know, D+ only has the first week of the shows. I’m really hoping they will gradually add.

Not that it matters right now. Trying to set up on Sony tv and it kept trying to force us to set it up under Google Play. Not happy (DH thinks Google is the evil empire).

1 Like

I just watched the first episode and it’s kind of funny to see the “outdated cultural depictions” as they put it in the blurb description of their older titles:

For example, in episode 1, a couple of boy scouts tour the Everglades with their Indian guide. It’s not as bad as it could be but I’m sure they’d have phrased a few things differently in 2019!

2 Likes

Boy Scouts did a lot that I assume would be considered cultural appropriation back in the 90s. I haven’t been involved since 1996, so I don’t know if that’s still the case. Nothing was done in a disrespectful way, it was all geared towards having respect for nature.

1 Like

I tried to get my kids to watch stuff like the original Mary Poppins. Didn’t succeed–they couldn’t connect to it (they were quite young at the time, maybe now…).

1 Like