Disney+

Get the Clockwork Orange setup so they can’t stop watching. It’s the only way

2 Likes

Got it yesterday on my Roku. Tried to watch the Mickey classic cartoon “Lonesome Ghosts” which I recall enjoying as a kid, but it kept freezing up. I hope they get the server issues fixed. Anyone else have issues with content freezing up?

I’m pretty sure its not my WiFi as immediately before this I watched an episode of Bosch on Amazon through the same Roku device without any issues.

1 Like

I haven’t had any trouble since my issue last night trying to restart a movie from the beginning.

My sister had issues logging in (it wouldn’t recognize her username) and she was on hold for 2+ hours before being told there is a known issue with your username being recognized when logging in over WiFi in certain areas (I took that to mean geographically). They told her they were meeting with Disney last night (3rd party IT support) and that they’d get back to her within 10 days. LOL

So yeah, there are still bugs to be worked out. Good news is that it’s popular, and IMO, a great value.

P.S. I watched the first episode of The Imagineering Story and it is a must-watch for anyone on this forum!

3 Likes

All of these plus original Duck Tales are on our watchlist- waiting for the older kids not to have extra-curricular activities (tonight finally!) to start watching all together.

2 Likes

I started the marvel movies with my son last night. Captain America: The First Avenger is complete.

2 Likes

My parents didn’t allow Simpsons in our household growing up but for awhile I snuck them in anyway. One of the many things on our docket with the advent of Disney+ is my Simpsons education :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yay- the best (and IMHO) the only place to start.

1 Like

I succeeded in getting my DS7 into Duck Tales! Woo-oo!

4 Likes

Watched the first half of TIS this morning and all the tears…my 8yo asked so many questions too that the 30 minutes took nearly an hour to get through.

I experienced two issues with D+. First it forgot the login and password today so I had to log back in. No big deal but I would like it to hold onto both so we don’t have to login each time.

Second, I subscribed during one of the three year specials but my husband gets a year free (just D+, not the package) with Verizon. I’ve asked how they’re going to deal with it as it was done separately. No response yet. I have until the 19th when I’m charged and if they don’t sort it out, I’ll just cancel my package and have him do the signup.

2 Likes

I had no idea that I wouldn’t be able to watch on my ancient apple tv that I stole from my son (3rd gen)… so $179.99 later… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just a note, when I signed up for the year package it said that your options to cancel are only available at the end of the cycle and there are no refunds. So if you bought a package, you have it for that length of time. No watching for 6 months and cancelling and expecting a partial refund, which is what many other yearly services would offer.

So anyone not sure they want it for the whole time, might actually be better off with the monthly fee, unless the other offeres are only limited time only.

1 Like

I think I read somewhere that if you paid for the package, but get the Verizon deal, then you basically will end up with 4 years (if you paid for 3 days) instead. That is, your first year is the Verizon deal, and then your paid package kicks in.

Not sure if that was an official position, or just conjecture, though.

I’m a little disappointed that the app doesn’t let you continue watching a movie where you left off, like Netflix does. Was watching a movie with the kids last night and had to stop for bedtime, and they wanted to watch a little more before school today. The movie didn’t start where we left off and instead started from the beginning. My friend at work had the same thing happen to her too.
Hope Disney fixes that soon!

1 Like

This what I read but we’re under two different logins so I need them to basically combine them. We shall see. Trying to get through via chat now. Will report back.

1 Like

I’ve had mixed results with this, leading me to believe that it is intended to work like Netflix as far as resuming where it left off, but the bugs are still getting worked out. Crossing my fingers!

1 Like

My sister’s issue was resolved and she has access. So it only took 12 hours or so from reporting the problem to getting online. Better than 10 days …

2 Likes

While 12 hours is certainly better than 10 days that sounds like torture. :scream:
We were going crazy with 15 extra minutes it took for us to get a connection working Tues morning at 7am.

2 Likes

@kittyg29_665447 @Jeff_AZ We’ve also had mixed results with stopping a movie and resuming it at that same point. It seems to be working better now than it did right at first. And I am still over the moon about not having to get out the DVDs for each movie switch the toddler wants to do (and he has figured that out so changes a lot more during movies which we didn’t allow before when it was the manual eject disc, insert new disc process of the dark ages so long ago as Monday evening).

2 Likes

I’ve got the same issue, but since we have the app on iPads and iPhones, we just cast to the Apple TV, which is the same thing.

2 Likes