Disney+

It’s here! Let the binging begin… and they’re experiencing slow server speeds. Booo!

My plan is to watch the entire MCU series first. Anyone else have a viewing plan?

Edit: the app on my phone at least let me in, but a lot of stuff isn’t even showing up right now. I certainly hope the system isn’t stopping me from getting in on my home network because my internet speed is too slow. It’s fast enough for multiple HD streams simultaneously, so I should be able to get one from Disney.

5 Likes

We’re here in the parks and I keep hoping we’ll get some sort of promo, but… nothing yet.

I haven’t seen so many of the MCU movies so those are at the top of my list for sure. Also the classics from the 90s.

3 Likes

That phrase makes me feel suddenly quite old.

13 Likes

Yeah the servers are going to get SLAMMED today. From everyone excited to log in and watch to those who feel they’ll need to review it for the masses.

By the weekend it should be ok, I would imagine.

1 Like

I finally got in on myTV. Got a movie going.

I started watching Aladdin(‘92) this morning to see if it worked. It did. I was a happy lil’ camper. Then I had to go to work.

Happiness waned.

2 Likes

Song of the South doesn’t seem to be on there for some reason.

7 Likes

I’m excited for the classics. We are taking our kids to Disney in January (a surprise), but we told them they can’t go until they see “all” the movies (we made a list of 40-50 and started watching 6-8 months ago). About 8 left to go.It has been difficult to find them without purchasing them all. Disney+ will make it so much easier!!

5 Likes

That’s some strict parenting!

4 Likes

Perhaps…but then, I doubt they have “slapband issues”. :wink:

3 Likes

And it never will. Disney needs to redo the movie, or make a different movie, so they can use Zippidy-do-dah without worrying about where it came from.

3 Likes

I wanted to make sure they knew who the characters were so they’d enjoy the rides, shows etc. Plus it was an easy way to get them to watch movies that I actually enjoy as opposed to some of the other junk they like to watch!

4 Likes

I find it odd that Disney knowingly uses material from Song of the South for Splash Mountain, while at the same time knowing they would never re-release Song of the South.

1 Like

EXCELLENT plan. It really does help one notice the details put into the attractions.

2 Likes

Agreed. DS6 keeps asking to watch the movie the “Splash song is from”. I’m like “oh I can’t find it…”

1 Like

I need to start watching The Clone Wars from the beginning with my son. We watched some when it was on Netflix and it seemed pretty good.

2 Likes

first season was meh, but it got progressively better…and then got cancelled. I also recommend Rebels (which has the same progression. Starts out meh then gets good).

2 Likes

Not working on my Roku… hoping people get busy at work so I can watch with DD!
My big movie day might not happen today! Hopefully they figure it out.

1 Like

My kids have a snow day due to the weather in the northeast. They are loving Disney Plus. They were told to wait on the Mandalorian until tonight

4 Likes

Mines working!!! Watching Mickeys birthday party!

1 Like