Disney Refugee's Universal AP trip

BTW - This sling bag has been the MVP of my trip!

It is the exact dimensions of all the free lockers!

The strap has a case to store my phone, two pockets on the outside, two side “net / mesh” pockets and two large interior pockets with interior pouches.

I am able bring my phone, Coke Freestyle cup, backup phone battery with charging cable (that has a special opening to hold the cord (also good for earbuds cords), ziplock bags holding extra masks/meds/misc and a couple extra items.

TIP - Bring a 1 gallon ziplock bag to hold your Coke Freestyle cup. This will prevent spills inside the bag if you don’t snap it shut well!

It glides into every locker like a glove! Feels so good to not have to cram and shove a big backpack into them. I slip in and out of locker stations like a champ! I got it on Amazon. If anyone needs a link let me know.

@Jeff_AZ - UPDATE: (POST TRIP) - Here’s the link

Ok…on my way to the Green Planet now!

13 Likes

I think you should share this info. :wink:

4 Likes

That is odd, they usually stay the same unless the park hours change.

1 Like

Also interested!

1 Like

Would an iPad fit in that bag? I love my similar bag but mine seems a tad smaller and an iPad barely doesn’t fit.

1 Like

There are different sizes of iPads… mini?

1 Like

Standard latest generation.

1 Like

We bought the kids a different version of that Waterfly sling bag a few years ago - worked very well! Access to the phone on the strap was the best part. Could have had a little more structure to keep shape (which it looks like @darkmite2’s bag does), but held a lot of stuff and was nice and light.

1 Like

I’ll have to look it up later…

Currently at Fallon… no wait, but also no preshow (which IMHO is better than the ride)

4 Likes

Since I’m basically off plan now, I decided to ditch my lunch plans in favor of the Mardi Gras food booths. Let me say that after 2 mediocre/“meh” items I regret my decision…

First was bland Conch fritters and second is the famous twisted tater. I had to send the first one back because it was so old and tough. The replacement was only slightly better…(I wound up just throwing it away)

6 Likes

That sucks. Was curious to see how this stuff competes with Epcot festival food, and so far doesn’t seem like a contest. Hopefully some booth has something decent.

2 Likes

I tweeted out my displeasure and Universal immediately DM’d me. They told me to go to Guest Services and pick up a $30 gift card as a refund with a few extra dollars, $10 - $12, as an apology. I’m really glad I invested in an Universal AP.

I don’t think Disney would have even replied, let alone a refund!

20 Likes

Twisted taters are just bad.

2 Likes

I only knew about them because of HHN. Vloggers I watched made them sound like a “must eat” Universal staple. I’ve eaten similar “potato on a stick” items at fairs that were great. It’s basically French Fries. I didn’t know you could mess them up so badly! Lol!

1 Like

I swear companies should give liners some kind of endorsement pay. Just ordered this lol!

1 Like

Wrapping up my day waiting for the Hogwarts castle projection show. I’ve got about a 40 minute wait. All the attractions in the area have about the same wait. I’ve “just missed” a couple of times in past and present visits.

Random thoughts for today…

I’ve always been an advocate for Single Rider. It’s still true! At no point have I not saved time - often walking on many rides all over the parks.

For this trip Hagrid’s & VelociCoaster were SR queues new to me. At Hagrid’s it always saved “some” time. I had rides where I saved 15 minutes, but a few where it was only 3 - 5 minutes.

IMHO - you miss nothing in the Hagrid standby queue. There us a preshow, but I have never seen it working. Most vloggers I follow say it hasn’t been on in months. I keep hoping but no luck. (A positive note - even when Hagrid’s standby queue is long it moves constantly)

With VelociCoaster there is a “show scene” and a couple animatronics worth seeing once. However, the VelociCoaster SR queue is speedy. I go that way every time now.

Also, I am so glad I was here yesterday during the rain. Today has been really nice weather and people really came out today. It was a predicted CL 3, but I’d say it was a bit higher - like a CL5.

9 Likes

I saw the Hagrid’s preshow in September. I was surprised. They only had it going once during that trip for me (on a Thursday).

2 Likes

Keeping my fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Lovely pics! Thanks for sharing them.
Enjoy the castle show…

What’s this and where’s it from?
It looks yummy.