Recent rope drop videos?

So…back to your route…

after Seuss Landing you’ll be heading to The Lost Continent via this bridge…

After you go past this bridge you’ll see Mythos Restaurant on the left

Keep going! You’ve still got a bit of ground to cover…

BTW - Immediately after Mythos you’ll see a path going to the left. This is for VelociCoaster. You will easily see the ride and often a TM is on the path with a directional sign.

(Sorry! I couldn’t find a picture!)

You are almost at where the Hogwart’s Express station is located and where Lost Continent ends.

Typically, you won’t even make it inside Hogsmeade before you hit the extended EPA Hagrid’s queue. You’ll still be in the Lost Continent

Be aware!! This is the right queue. However, this queue leads you to the lockers. You will not be allowed to take ANY bags will you. You can take your cell phone. There are no metal detectors.

PRO TIP - This is the FIRST set of lockers! EVERYONE is going to stop here! There is a SECOND LOCKER AREA on the other side of the “official” entrance to the attraction. Go there!! It will be empty (or at least a LOT less people)

Opposite view:

It will be a madhouse / “Thunderdome” with people all in a panic / hurry. I highly advise only ONE person go put stuff in the lockers. Having a family all standing around in that small space makes it hard for everyone.

If you don’t need lockers then you can just go right into the attraction queue

After that…You’re in!!

Enjoy!!

My key points

#1 - You MUST be at the bus pick-up at LEAST 70 minutes before EPA
#2 - Have your hotel keys ready to “flash” at Seuss Landing before you even enter the park
#3 - Walk with a purpose, but you don’t need to jog or run
#4 - Pace Yourself - It’s in the furthest area from park entry
#5 - Use the “second” locker bay
#6 - Relax & enjoy your ride!

5 Likes

I’m the opposite… I just love the vibe there, and the food court is A+. I did feel the hallways and regular rooms needed a bit of love during my last stay there, though.

2 Likes

I love the vibe & the amenities are great. IMHO - If I want to refill my Coke Freestyle I really have to decide if it’s worth the 10 minute walk. There are sections of the campus you can’t reach in a direct route. This got me so lost a couple times!

Overall, I think CBBR has the quietest rooms with the best beds. If I have to choose between Endless Summer & CBBR and they are both about the same price (which does happen) I will book CBBR…

As you probably know I love Volcano Bay the most. If the price is comparable to Dockside getting that easy access to VB is what helps me stay there instead.

3 Likes

#7 - Don’t forget to take in the theming. To me, the ride itself is a decent one, but the thing that makes coaster people actually rank it in their top lists is the really immersive, seamless way the story and the ride come together.

3 Likes

In the same vein, for my July stay I went with Aventura over CBBR because they were both $10-15 more than the Endless Summers, and the boat won out. I like the CBBR pool and pool bar a lot more, but Sapphire Falls is a very quick pool hop away and that’s a nice pool.

1 Like

Aventura is my #1 place to stay - for all your reasons + I love that vibe there even more. I like the “sleek” metal and glass and it’s as quiet as a library in there!!

@darkmite2 I’m blown away by all the details! I can’t wait to look at it all again tomorrow and REALLY go over it all. I work both full time and a per diem job so I didn’t have as much time as I thought to work on my TP tonight. All of your pictures are EXACTLY the type of info I was looking for and you put it all together for me - I’m so thankful!
My cousin is on here, he’s mostly on the Disney side, but he did pretty much the same thing for me back in the day when I first joined TP and it was a HUGE help.
This time next week DH & I will be at CBBR trying to get some sleep before our big day!

3 Likes

I had nothing to do this morning, so I went on Google Maps to really show you the route. Plus, you can see the bridge to VelociCoaster that you will pass on the way to Hagrid’s!

3 Likes

Crazy busy work day, no time to play on my computer with TP but I’m off tonight so that’s definitely happening.
Not only am I incorporating all your pics and notes on a spreadsheet, but it will be printed in color and laminated (I laminate everything in case it rains, lol). I will post a picture of everything once I’m finished :slight_smile:
I keep going back and forth with both Universal’s and Google Maps but since I’m not that familiar it’s hard for me to know where I am “allowed” to walk vs “backstage”.
I’m also concerned that TP isn’t allowing me time to visit the lockers so I think I may need to go in and add breaks before & after certain rides. By the time I’m done I’ll probably have 3 to 4 sets of different plans printed and ready to go.
Usually by now I have all plans done and I’m just tweaking but I feel very overwhelmed and so far behind. I have to keep reminding myself it’s only ONE day!

1 Like

I know I’m replying to my own post but I FINALLY finished my 3 TPs. I kept getting frustrated because not only have I been out of practice, but making a different one for each park didn’t come easy.
Next up is incorporating all of @darkmite2’s awesome photos into a guide I can print out.
I wish I could be one of those people that could put it together on my phone but I just feel better having a paper plan as well as online.

1 Like

You really don’t need to worry about it. The lockers are always right outside the attraction and only take seconds to use. (After you’ve done it a couple times)

I still make TPs for my trips. However, you really don’t need them at Universal. The parks are so easy to navigate (each park is just a big circle)

My TPs are more of a checklist to remind myself of what I want to do and show times.

I totally understand wanting a hard copy. I still do it at WDW too.

I was a die hard WDW person for 30 years. I fell in love with Universal after the pandemic. A trip to Universal is an actual “vacation” for me. You don’t have to plan as hard, the entire resort is “walkable” if desired and so many TMs have also worked at WDW. They make “magic” at Universal too. (I have a couple TMs that remember me by name even though I only go a few times a year. I’ve never had that at WDW!)

Mostly I love that there’s no need for G+. The “lightning lane” at Universal is an actual “express” queue not another long line. You don’t have to get up at 6:30am to enter a lottety and so many more reasons are why I rarely go back to WDW anymore. I got tired of all the hoops I had to jump through to have a vacation.

IMHO - going to Universal today is like going to WDW 10+ years ago which I used to love doing

2 Likes

I have a small cross body bag that lies flat so I’m hoping I can use that for most rides & DH has cargo shorts with zippers. I set our walking pace to relaxed to allow extra time instead of a bunch of breaks.

I love Disney, we weren’t the family that went often so when we did go I packed as much as I could for our trips. I’ve only been to Universal twice.
My MIL moved to Florida & DH & I visit every spring. We fly into Orlando and drive 1 hour. We spend a few days, then go to the Keys & fly home from Miami. We absolutely love it.
BUT every year when we get to MCO I see both theme park stores and always regret not being able to go. This time around we decided to do one full park day and I chose Universal for the simple fact that planning a trip was going to be so much easier (even though I planned like crazy, lol). I love HP & DH hasn’t been since 2011. Hotel was cheaper & then getting free park tickets was a nice surprise from DD’s friend. I splurged and bought express pass too even though I said I wasn’t going to!
My cousin just returned from a Disney trip and speaking with her made my head spin. I do plan to go back but I’m not sure when we will get there.
We fly in next Tuesday afternoon, we have dinner planned with DD’s friend & then we will do a full day at the parks and head out early the next morning to MILs. It’s a chilly rainy day here in NJ and I can’t wait to get there!

1 Like

I have a “sling bag” that I wear. They really are hard core about no bags. You can di a fsnny/hoo bag on a couple. TMs will still be hit or miss about it IME

I’m so excited for you!! My next trip is still 140+ days away for HHN. Please share your trip when you have time!

Oh! I had to take my wife to the eye doctor today. I showed her this “guide”. She thought all the photos were from my trips! I’m embarrassed that she thinks that is a possibility! (I do have aton of CityWalk photos! I love the place! )

1 Like

If it’s not a fanny pack style with wide waistband that has a plastic clip like this:

then it will not be allowed on Hagrid, the Mummy, MiB, or Gringotts. A lot of CMs even make you actually put it around your waist.

Hulk, Velocicoaster, and Rip Ride Rocket all have metal detectors, and do not allow any kind of bags or anything (even chapstick or change, if they can see/hear it) in any pockets, even if they zip closed. The metal detectors are overly sensitive, and they often go off when I’m wearing leggings and a tank and clearly have nothing in the pockets. This is calculated into wait times, however. You’ll use free lockers before even getting into the line at all but Velocicoaster… they will allow small fanny packs, phones, etc into the line at VC, but then you go through a room mid-way where there are lockers and metal detectors… you’ll retrieve your items from a door that open on the back side of these lockers, so be sure to push your smaller items in all the way.

If you’re going to ride twice you can feel free to just leave your stuff in the same locker, as long as the line isn’t outrageously long.

2 Likes

I get why they don’t allow them and I have absolutely no problem putting in a locker.
I did a bunch of copy and pasting into my google doc, I want to proofread before printing it in color - but I’ll definitely post a picture and maybe it will help others too!
I’m super excited. I’m a big planner where ever we go. I can be spontaneous too, but I like knowing as much as I can about someplace before we visit. DH has no interest in planning - he likes to suggest things about 1 week out but I secretly allow for some of that! lol

1 Like

I knew Hagrid’s & Hulk. I wasn’t aware of Mummy & MIB.
I’m definitely not riding RRR & I don’t know if I’ll be riding VC - I have to see it in person. If I decide not to hopefully they let me keep my bag while in line with DH.

My bag doesn’t have a strap like that but it is pretty small.

I’m more worried about being able to keep our glasses in DH’s zippered pockets. We really can’t see very well without them and I don’t want to risk losing them even with the little hook type things I ordered for the “regular” rides.

Here’s more details about my bag.

They won’t let you take anything on VC…Sorry!

It’s the biggest fastest coaster I have ever done. However, it’s the smoothest one as well. It glides on the track - especially if you sit in a middle row

1 Like

Just in case you need more info:

Helpful locker info:

Locker Use at Attractions
  • If you have a bag, locker use is required at certain attractions. Small lockers are free but large lockers (regular size backpack) are not free.

• These types of bags will fit into the small lockers: Mini backpack, drawstring bag, or sling bag.

• Near an attraction entrance, find the locker bank, scan your ticket/bar code/QR code, and look for a locker to pop open.

• These attractions you may not take any type of bag or purse on:

• USF: Revenge of the Mummy, Escape from Gringotts, Men in Black Alien Attack
    • IOA: Forbidden Journey, Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure
    • Cargo pants pockets that can be closed and fanny packs (3-prong closure) are permitted for holding items.
    • You may see a “No Loose Items” sign. It is not enforced, you can still take your phone, etc.
  • These attractions you may not take a bag or any loose items on:

• USF: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
    • IOA: Incredible Hulk Coaster, Jurassic World VelociCoaster* (*lockers are inside queue)
    • No phones, coins, wallets, etc. are allowed on (metal detectors used)
  • NOTE: You must take your ticket/room key with you on the attraction, so you can retrieve your belongings afterward.

2 Likes

Thanks - that’s a little too big, the more room I have the more I tend to add things I don’t necessarily need & then I’m stuck carrying it all day.

I’m weird with coasters. I love loops and twists but if the drops are too high or too steep I just can’t do it. Rock N Rollercoaster at Disney is my favorite. That’s just enough for me. DH will definitely ride both. I’ll make my decision on VC after seeing just how steep it really is in person.

I remember when I took my mom back in 2017 she was in a scooter and didn’t ride many rides but she was able to accompany me in the lines so I’ll still get to do that part with DH if I don’t ride.

Do you miss the theming with Express Pass? I never thought about that part till now.

@darkmite2 I know it’s hard to see but I stapled all 3 pages and it’s perfect. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

And here are my plans: I know MIB requires a Locker too but I forgot to add that before I laminated it.
I wrote Butterbeer @ 3 Broomsticks but that’s only because I want to see inside. We are getting it to go so I might end up just getting it at the cart. I’m also flexible with the food options, I just like to have a general idea.

And my WWOHP cheat sheet

1 Like