Disney Refugee's Universal AP trip

Being at the head of the pack really paid off. The line for HE for the EPA folks can build VERY quickly to an hour!

3 Likes

Now I am taking easy in Diagon Alley. Watched Tale of the Three Brothers (which is my favorite).

I’m going to stroll around some more wishing I had my wand until Celestina and the Banshees perform in about 30 minutes

Update - It’s looking more like I will be buying my 3rd wand in this trip…trying to be good though, but after walking all over WWOHP I’m envious of all the people doing spells!

Here’s your daily obligatory picture of the dragon! :grin:

18 Likes

While I have a few minutes between shows…

Make sure to check the Universal App for correct show times. I have had 3 show starts be incorrect in my Touring Plan. Luckily, I have been ahead of schedule and didn’t miss anything.

Also… if you are staying at Endless Summer be aware the room only has one charging port. So if you have multiple phones or backup batteries you may want to bring an AC adapter

11 Likes

if you are staying at Endless Summer be aware the room only has one charging port.

thank you for this tip! Staying in a family suite with my mom and brother, so I will also pack a power strip, cuz that doesn’t look like it will accommodate enough ac blocks, either!

4 Likes

This just hangs out in my suitcase for all trips: Amazon.com: Anker Power Strip with USB, 5 ft Extension Cord, PowerPort Cube USB with 3 Outlets and 3 USB Ports, Portable Design, Overload Protection for iPhone XS/XR, Compact for Travel, Cruise Ship, and Office : Electronics

7 Likes

BTW - This sling bag has been the MVP of my trip!

It is the exact dimensions of all the free lockers!

The strap has a case to store my phone, two pockets on the outside, two side “net / mesh” pockets and two large interior pockets with interior pouches.

I am able bring my phone, Coke Freestyle cup, backup phone battery with charging cable (that has a special opening to hold the cord (also good for earbuds cords), ziplock bags holding extra masks/meds/misc and a couple extra items.

TIP - Bring a 1 gallon ziplock bag to hold your Coke Freestyle cup. This will prevent spills inside the bag if you don’t snap it shut well!

It glides into every locker like a glove! Feels so good to not have to cram and shove a big backpack into them. I slip in and out of locker stations like a champ! I got it on Amazon. If anyone needs a link let me know.

@Jeff_AZ - UPDATE: (POST TRIP) - Here’s the link

Ok…on my way to the Green Planet now!

13 Likes

I think you should share this info. :wink:

4 Likes

That is odd, they usually stay the same unless the park hours change.

1 Like

Also interested!

1 Like

Would an iPad fit in that bag? I love my similar bag but mine seems a tad smaller and an iPad barely doesn’t fit.

1 Like

There are different sizes of iPads… mini?

1 Like

Standard latest generation.

1 Like

We bought the kids a different version of that Waterfly sling bag a few years ago - worked very well! Access to the phone on the strap was the best part. Could have had a little more structure to keep shape (which it looks like @darkmite2’s bag does), but held a lot of stuff and was nice and light.

1 Like

I’ll have to look it up later…

Currently at Fallon… no wait, but also no preshow (which IMHO is better than the ride)

4 Likes

Since I’m basically off plan now, I decided to ditch my lunch plans in favor of the Mardi Gras food booths. Let me say that after 2 mediocre/“meh” items I regret my decision…

First was bland Conch fritters and second is the famous twisted tater. I had to send the first one back because it was so old and tough. The replacement was only slightly better…(I wound up just throwing it away)

6 Likes

That sucks. Was curious to see how this stuff competes with Epcot festival food, and so far doesn’t seem like a contest. Hopefully some booth has something decent.

2 Likes

I tweeted out my displeasure and Universal immediately DM’d me. They told me to go to Guest Services and pick up a $30 gift card as a refund with a few extra dollars, $10 - $12, as an apology. I’m really glad I invested in an Universal AP.

I don’t think Disney would have even replied, let alone a refund!

20 Likes

Twisted taters are just bad.

2 Likes

I only knew about them because of HHN. Vloggers I watched made them sound like a “must eat” Universal staple. I’ve eaten similar “potato on a stick” items at fairs that were great. It’s basically French Fries. I didn’t know you could mess them up so badly! Lol!

1 Like

I swear companies should give liners some kind of endorsement pay. Just ordered this lol!

1 Like