Disney mask change

Solidarity. :frowning:

3 Likes

You got it right. FL residents are not required to show proof of vaccination to be allowed to participate in anything. Any company that does faces state fines per incident.

2 Likes

Universal went completely maskless everywhere as of last Saturday. WDW is just watching and waiting. IMHO - theyā€™ll remove their mask guidelines before schoolā€™s are out for summer - probably right before / after Easter (just guessing)

2 Likes

WDW just announced that as of Thursday the mandate is gone.

2 Likes

Odd notice in the parks yesterday, Valentineā€™s Dayā€¦ all CMs in/outdoors were wearing masks. Usually about 50%+ of outdoor CMs will be maskless but not yesterday. It was really crowded too. Yesterdayā€™s news:

4 Likes

Did I misunderstand? I thought at WDW you had to wear them on transportation.

At Universal, itā€™s totally maskless. Not required anywhere - buses / hotels / queues / shows / eateries

4 Likes

Is it that FL residents are not required or FL businesses canā€™t require it? I donā€™t think Disney will ever ask for proof but just curious what the actual stipulations are. The City of New Orleans is requiring, for indoor venues, masks unless actively eating and proof of full vaccination or proof of negitive Covid test taken in the last 72 hours (believe that is the current time frame).

No business can require proof of vaccination for admittance. I know some employers are collecting vaccination status of employees but canā€™t require it.

Thanks for asking for clarification.

3 Likes

I had questions about wearing a mask at Discovery Cove (unvaccinated have to wear masks for dolphin swim) the rep told me they can not ask for verification. I decided not to go bc masks and swimming seems sketchy.

3 Likes

I have heard this as well, but really have not heard it or heard of it since Omicon hit. My middle school kids donā€™t have to wear in masks in school, yet they do because they say most of the kids wear them (in middle school). They donā€™t even think about it.

2 Likes

Well gee I always wanted to explore the parks on a 10 Crowd Level day. Every day. Everywhere

1 Like

We did KRR and my mask got completely soaked. I had to immediately take it off and switch out because I could not breath in air. I wouldnā€™t wear one swimming. I donā€™t wear one unless in a very crowded place, which is almost never nowadays.

3 Likes

I forgot to put my mask on a couple of times in November/December when getting on the bus or entering an indoor queue in WDW. Just oblivious. I got a reminder from a CM and thatā€™s about it. No one else said a word about it.

3 Likes

This happened to us when we were heading to Florida in August 2020. The hotel in Georgia, we were verbally mocked for wearing masks by other guests.

1 Like

Interesting. We stayed in Georgia on our way back from Disney in December 2021 and we didnā€™t hear a peep when wearing our masks in the hotel. Maybe times are a changing in that respect.

1 Like

That is so awful!

3 Likes

Not required on buses? Is that legal? Is it because it is ā€œprivate transportationā€?

1 Like

I think attitudes driftedā€¦this was still early on in the pandemic. When we drove down in May 2021, we didnā€™t experience any such hostility.

2 Likes

Wouldnā€™t hurt my feelings. Iā€™d just tell them, ā€œyou do you and Iā€™ll do meā€. Iā€™ve wanted to wear masks anyway, way before this pandemic. Now itā€™s perfectly legal.

4 Likes

I just ignored them.

3 Likes