Disney mask change

11 Likes

Kinda makes me happy I already got Covid this last trip, so this won’t be such a concern for my trip in 43 days :crazy_face:

2 Likes

@EMgoblue !

2 Likes

ITs still in effect on transportation.
Also, they’ve rolled back the mask rule before and brought it back. I mean I’m not saying not to go or anything, but don’t make it the foundation of your trip or you could be disappointed if they reinstate it.

7 Likes

Important to note that they are still required for all on all enclosed transportation buses, monorails, and skyliner.

Also hooray, the vaccine rate just went up to 100% in FL :laughing:

13 Likes

If only Disney had done this sooner… :smile:

3 Likes

IKR?

Two years ago even

2 Likes

Here’s the relevant text from the article (I hate how they bury the lede):

Effective February 17 , face coverings will no longer be required for fully vaccinated Guests in both indoor and outdoor locations. Face masks will still be required on Disney transportation like buses, the monorail, and skyliner.

4 Likes

I am sorry but the KtP blog format drives me crazy.

The story:

Face masks will be optional for fully vaccinated guests at Walt Disney World Resort starting February 17 at both indoor and outdoor locations.

All guests will be required to wear masks on Disney transportation, including the monorail.

4 Likes

Yep.

I used to really like KtP
Now I won’t click (and I have friends who write for him)

(of course I also won’t click the source you shared either LOL)

7 Likes

Jinx! Lol

Just want to say that I called it (OK for UOR, but still applies):

11 Likes

I was way off and thought they would wait til under 5’s could be vaccinated, but they probably see a tide happening around the country with the cases falling and mask requirements relaxed a bit and didn’t want to risk looking unreasonably strict to a lot of potential guests (though at the risk of upsetting other more cautious guests). Like others have said, if cases shoot back up, they can be quick to reinstate them again.

3 Likes

So effectively no mask mandate anymore for anyone. Can they ask for vax info? Thought FL made this illegal, not that I’m following FL Covid laws/ regulations but I though I heard this somewhere…

2 Likes

Some of the articles are explicitly saying they will not ask for vaccination status. They did not ask about it over the summer when this same policy was in place.

3 Likes

I know people won’t click on WDWNT but it I think it was my first podcast (Tom might have been living in his parent’s house in NY). I copied wdwnt’s story directly (complete post) in my reply.

3 Likes

I actually think I nailed it:

8 Likes

That’s saved me some money. Thanks!

2 Likes

snow-white-clapping-gif

3 Likes

Honor system.

Therefore everyone is vaccinated! Huzzah!

9 Likes