Disappointing things to happen

I’m disappointed they got rid of Duffy at Epcot. :wink:. Just means I’ll need to go to Tokyo to see him !

1 Like

Like totally!

Awww, what a heartbreak! I hope he found delight in other things at the park. Have you seen the recent video going of the little child with Winnie the Pooh? Makes me so proud of those excellent CMs! :heartpulse:

5 Likes

Aww that is sweet! We do always go to Crystal Palace to interact with Pooh - Sean is also a huge fan of the Hundred Acre Wood. Sean has found much to love at WDW - we go back every 2 to 3 years.

Tangential rant (I’m not sure if I am using that word correctly but anyway,) WHY oh WHY are Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Kanga, Roo, Owl, Eeyore and Rabbit and the ground hog missing from the MDE avatars?

2 Likes

Right??? I was able to pick my Alice, but DS16 totally needed to be Eeyore. No such luck!

2 Likes

The only disappointment was our first trip we had snagged a 4th FP for Test Track 3pm. The time rolls around and it’s down for rain. Because we had a TS res we had to skip it for the time being. We come back to use the FP once it gets back up and running around 8pm. The line for FP was backed up to the entrance and a CM said about 2hr wait for FP side. We didn’t want to miss Illuminations, and honestly my bladder can’t do 2hrs in a line. So they only ride we are still waiting to go on is Test Track. It was made even my getting pixie dusted with an immediate reride at Space Mountain by a CM though. We didn’t have a FP for that in the first place because DD was unsure about an indoor coaster. Luckily she took a peek at it and decided to go our last night, hopped off raving how AWESOME it was lol

My first trip to WDW was in 2004. We were at the Seas Pavilion to eat at Coral Reef Restaurant, and forgot to go over to the aquariums afterwards. Later in the trip, I became incredibly ill, so I didn’t get to actually go see the aquarium. I was very upset about that for YEARS. I absolutely love aquariums. I made sure that our first day in Epcot in 2017 that we visited the aquarium FIRST.

2 Likes

My kids really love The Seas- which I didn’t know until our last visit. There are parts of the exhibit that are technology-focused and make it unlike other aquariums- which they also love. (Esp. my middle child- he has an inexplicable fascination with cuttlefish). It’s one of the few non-ride attractions we really have to see.

1 Like

When I was a teenager, my family took our one and only trip to WDW. We had four day park hoppers and did Epcot and MGM Studios (yes, it was that long ago) on the first two days. Night two, back at the hotel, we get a call from my grandmother who had come down with us and was visiting her sister in Hollywood. It seems her elderly, widowed, somewhat wealthy sister had sold her house to a strange man who was supposed to set her up in a retirement community and had to move out within the week. My grandmother was convinced that her sister was being swindled and was going to wind up homeless and/or dead. She insisted that we needed to come down the next day and rescue them.

The next day we decided to stop briefly at MK before leaving for Hollywood to pack up my aunt’s house and take her to my grandparents. My brother and I were extremely disappointed and frankly not all that sympathetic to the elderly woman we had never met before. My one consolation was that I would get to go on Haunted Mansion, the ride I had been most looking forward to. We arrived at MK and managed to hit a few rides, but in our rush and confusion we couldn’t find Haunted Mansion. We should have asked for directions but it was a chaotic day and no one thought of it. We ended up leaving without ever finding the ride.

On the plus side, we did rescue my grandmother and her sister. I still wonder what would have happened to her if we hadn’t made that trip with my grandmother. But it was more than twenty years before I finally got to ride Haunted Mansion! At least I greatly enjoyed it when my chance finally came. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

This one hasn’t happened yet!

But I love Illuminations.

And I love the idea of the interim show that is coming next year until sometime in 2020, Epcot Forever.

And since we’re not coming back until Christmas of 2020, I’ll miss seeing Illuminations one last time, and seeing Epcot Forever at all. Unless it lasts longer than anticipated.

2 Likes

On that vein, I was looking forward to riding the trains at MK this trip as I have never done so before. I decided it would be a great way to avoid Main Street. They will be closed. Then I was looking forward to riding the train at AK to see Rafiki’s (whatever it is called), which I’ve never seen. And of course, that will be closed for my trip.

But, I’m going to Disney World…

3 Likes

This reminds me-one of my favorite things ever is to be on BTMR during fireworks, I’ve done it at multiple parks over the years. But my last few times at MK it’s either been closed or rained out. This time I’ll have my little in tow and will probably only do one late night at MK and it will be dedicated to seeing HEA in front of the castle. So once again, this won’t happen. Oh well, obviously not that big of a deal, but a small disappointment.

1 Like

Ok we may try this. We will be hopping to MK late afternoon and have already seen HEA so I think this would be really cool for us. How can you time it though so you I don’t end up posting back on this thread over it post trip?

I either get a FP for during the fireworks or try to time waiting in line with the fireworks.

Makes sense! I can just picture us being inside for the queue waiting and then starting the ride just as the fireworks have ended! TP shows the wait only being 10 min though and maybe we can get a FP.

You’ll have a pretty good idea how long the wait will be, so you can time getting in line. Good luck!

1 Like

Ok, so this isn’t really disappointing but it is funny. In retrospect.

My aunt has one daughter - my cousin. They were going to DW when I was in about 6th grade. My cousin was probably in 2nd or 3rd grade. My mom had given me some money and said I could keep whatever I had left. So, being super cheap like I am find the most dollar intensive food I can find and eat pretty much ONLY that. What food was it? The turkey leg of course! My aunt got very upset at me and offered to buy me anything I could eat. I scoffed at the idea, because I wanted that turkey leg.

On the same trip - I asked if I could go on Space Mountain. They didn’t want to go so we said we would meet up outside SM. They would go and come back. We didn’t have a time to meet up. Just a place. So I went on SM a couple of times. Maybe 3. In a row. When I got out, I walked back looking for them and missed them the first time. I started to go back into SM again, and thought I better go look because I really want to do something else. I go back and see my cousin crying. They said they had been standing there a pretty decent little while.

Yeah, maybe I ruined their DW trip. I’m sorry!

2 Likes

I am disappointed in the direction that Epcot is taking. From a “permanent world’s fair” showcasing the possibilities for the future and the cultures of the world, being changed into more places to shoehorn IPs into the park means that the park is losing its flavor as a unique place and instead turning into just another park, without an overarching ideal that makes it different from the rest. Even the new show coming in 2020 is hailed as:

This new show will celebrate how Disney music inspires people around the world,

which means that it probably won’t be that different from Happily Ever After or Magical or any number of the shows that have been produced so far.

I miss EPCOT Center. :cry:

7 Likes

On my latest trip I missed old Epcot and old MGM. They used to be so cool. Granted the new stuff is fine… but both are loosing or changing their ways I guess…

3 Likes

Hear, hear!

I want Epcot to be a showcase of the future (well, in Futureworld at least). Mission:Space does this, and perhaps Living With The Land to some degree. The Seas used to, but has become rather watered down (ha! Pun intended). With Universe of Energy being swapped out for Guardians of the Galaxy, I feel that any hope for that EPCOT vision is pretty much gone. (Not that GotG won’t be a fine ride and all…but it just feels out of place in EPCOT.)

4 Likes