Dining Card Rumor?

I saw an ad on Twitter both yesterday and today from Disney for the “up to $750 dining card” for 5 night/4 park day stay. Every time I clicked the link, I got the Stitch ate the page thing. Very odd that the ad was out there, but with Twitter being a hot mess, maybe not all that surprising.

2 Likes

Discount is posted on website. Looks like the rumors were true. Minimun 4 night with 4 day pass to qualify. There is also an late spring early summer room discount as well in case anyone is interested.

2 Likes

The room discount is good but I have to see via my TA if this is a better deal since they did raise prices.

Saved 20%. Prices didn’t increase for me so I saved $850. Definitely worth doing the math.

5 Likes

I read it’s per reservation. So if you book 2 rooms under one reservation (is this possible?) with 4 people each, you would still only get one card.

1 Like

It would actually be $60 more for me to switch our reservation to the Spring room discount… I booked under that save up to $400 discount but only saved around $40 total I think. Only staying 3 nights, quick trip… Must be the ticket prices. Since I booked original as package I got a pop up that said the new offer was room only, original tickets would be canceled but I would have the option to add tickets to new offer.

1 Like

We had two rooms our 2019 trip and they were separate reservation numbers. I had to pay each bill separately.

I cannot remember if both rooms were visible on my MDE, but I am almost positive they were, at least until DH got his own MDE (well. I made him create it and then took it over.)

1 Like

We’re booked at Yacht Club, and the only thing available there with the discount now would cost us over $1000 more! The resorts that do have offer availability aren’t enticing me enough to switch. :frowning:

For the first week of July - where the spring and dining overlapped- I priced out the spring discount vs the dining promo and the spring discount beat the dining discount every time. Anywhere from $20 (AS) to $160 at AKL to $400 for the Poly.

I used the “save up to $400” for my January trip and got some good savings and I liked that it was available for 3 nights!

1 Like

I should note there appear to be two dinning discounts going on and it is confusing to figure out which is what!

Even with elevated pricing I have saved guests thousands this morning. I’m impressed, honestly.

6 Likes

This is the thing that did you in.

1 Like

I’m not, but it’s because I want to stay at Yacht Club, and the discount isn’t showing for my room type. I could save about $800 if I switched to the BoardWalk Inn—but how recently has that been refurbed? The Villa pics look recent, but Inn pics look dated.

Not recently. It’s due.

But given the savings you can get, is it that important? IDK YMMV

1 Like

YC is messed up. For my end of April dates, the water view is at about a 5% discount. There is no discount on standard/garden view, and those have availability at regular prices.

Water view standard price: 741 Discounted price: 730!

3 Likes

Are you working on commission?

Yeah, I’m having some really Eww reactions to the Inn pics. I’m weird and get creeped out about “old” looking hotels. Logically, I know all the arguments that there could be just as much creepiness in new/refurbs too, etc, so I shouldn’t care as much, but I still do. However, I have some gift cards that I didn’t pay for though or else I’d probably be forcing myself to reconsider more (or more likely be looking at a moderate instead).

I still would like to take advantage of the savings though if I could! The other resorts where I could don’t have the location advantage of the Epcot resorts though either. I’m just wanting my cake and eating it too!

2 Likes

That whole $11 is very generous! :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah I’ll keep my standard room that’s $100 less…

2 Likes

Water view rooms at Yacht for my dates are a whopping $10 savings. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes