Dining Card Rumor?

I honestly never went for the free dining. As a solo traveler, the hotel discount offered in exchange was always the better deal.

However, I DID find value in the dining plan out of pocket. With the prices of their quick service, especially for a BOG breakfast, and then the booths during festivals, I was able to make even the QS Dining plan go a really long way.

My 2 favorite spends are still the BOG $30 breakfast and the ice cream pretzel that was like $9 during my first Festival of the Arts. (It’s a strange thing to say, if you think about it.)

3 Likes

It was great for us last year - nowhere near free dining of course but we didn’t expect anything. And there were only 2 of us.

2 Likes

Yup same here- it was one of the first things I learned from the unofficial guides back in the day….especially cause we are almost never eligible since becoming DVC/AP we only book rooms that are discounted…

you last trip was completely undiscounted but for this dining thing?

I would be eligible for this and don’t have any other discounts so this seems like a good deal to me and better than a paid DDP. Frankly, I don’t think paying for DDP is a god value. Free? Sure.

Hmm…

Can I ask a couple of questions?

• did it include alcohol?
  • how’d it work with mobile ordering?
  • were you able to store it in MDE?
    *****was it reloadable?

Yes. Free dining used to be our normal promotion.

Yes to alcohol at a restaurant, I don’t know about lounges. Oh we did use it at Space 220 lounge.

It was an e giftcard - you just had to copy and paste the number in to mobile order like with any giftcard.

No you couldn’t save it in MDE and it wasn’t reloadable.

I want to :heart: your post but hate the whole copy and paste with the gift cards

3 Likes

I’ll consider myself hearted :joy:

3 Likes

What is this?!

I messed up. It wasn’t festival of the arts, it was the holidays

right but don’t you get a discount (compared to US visitors) on top of it because of the 2-week requirement or something?

Regardless, I still don’t like it. If works out for you, great, but I feel they could’ve done a lot more. Especially as they will continue to raise food prices at record rates, and that directly impacts this. As someone pointed out over at Wdwmagic: why do they need to be removing/changing things? It’s not like it was unprofitable before they started cutting it.

2 Likes

Heh. I would “like” that but I apparently already did back then in real time. :drooling_face:

1 Like

I don’t know if we pay less than a US visitor would if they stayed for the same two weeks but we don’t pay less per night for staying longer.

1 Like

I’m seeing that they’re saying it’s been confirmed but nothing on their website yet. It sounds like it might based on arrival date not days of stay which sucks since I have a night stay starting June 22.

Blog Mickey is now also saying the rumor includes a room discount off for select Spring and Summer dates. Have a spring trip booked. I will check in the morning just in case. Is the best way to try and modify my reservation to same resort and select the discount (if available) to see the difference?

Yes

1 Like

I emailed my TA and she said she cannot confirm or deny anything until tomorrow so I think there will be an official announcement tomorrow.

2 Likes

Thanks! Dang, look at all the typos, lol. Fixed.

1 Like

Lol just told DS2 about the gift card program vs dining plan- his response

“*It’s over Universal won Nintendo world is coming *

3 Likes