Decorating Magic Bands

Has anyone tried stickers instead of the tattoos? It should work the same way right?

The polka dots on the Minnie one above are bumper sticker-type vinyl (the kind that has adhesive on the back). They didn’t stick really well and after wearing a few days they peeled up at the edges. Maybe coating them with a few layers of fingernail polish would have helped.

A couple recent additions.

4 Likes

I love those!

1 Like

One more.

2 Likes

Okay,
My husband saw these posts (from work) and sent me the link. Needless to say I have already ordered the plain bands and have been searching for the character tattoos we want. I am currently planning a trip for 17 people converging to Disney first 2 weeks of December from all over the United States. I have already asked each person their favorite character and plan on surprising each one with their very own band. Thank you all for all your pictures and artistic enthusiasm. Once I get all mine done I will also share.
I especially enjoyed the band switch one cleaver mom did. decorating the actual bands then having a spare set of blank bands to show the kids. Send the kiddos away using any excuse then when they come back do all the bippity boppity boo magic and change the bands to Disney personalized bands. That was such a great way to start off the Disney Magic.

A couple newly decorated Magic Bands that I made recently. These are metallic tattoos from Hot Topic. A little harder to use, but I like the end results.

9 Likes

One last one for this trip. Need to start packing.

4 Likes

ZOMG I did not know I could do this!!! I love this forum SO MUCH. And this whole site. Best twelve bucks I’ve spent in this whole disney planning process! Now I’ll spend the time until I get my MB plotting how to Figment-ize it!

2 Likes

I absolutely adore this one!! My favorite by far and makes me want to swap my yellow one for my nephew’s (yes, teenage nephew) pink one.

I’m on chat quite a bit but this is my first time on the forum. I cannot believe how great these decorated magic bands look! So glad I came over to the forum!

2 Likes

Welcome! Chat is great for instantaneous response, but could you imagine trying to show this there? So dive right in - we’re mostly the same friendly people, although some (like me) spend more time here.

1 Like

Ok, we tried “Magic your Band” which is a vinyl overlay that is custom cut to fit the colored part. You can by pre-made designs or make your own. We went the personalized route. I think they came out well.

4 Likes

Those are awesome!

Do the overlays attach securely?

They attach fairly securely. DWs and mine looked the same at the end of the 10 day trip as at the beginning. The kids were a little worse for the wear, but mostly it appeared to be scratches and tears from being scraped against the side of the pool climbing in and out. They do provide 2 copies of each design, do you could replace it. One word of caution: don’t handle them too much after peeling them off the backing paper before putting them on. DS tried to put his on, but handled it so much it didn’t stick well, probably due to oils/dirt from his hand. We took the other one and it stuck fine. Also, they show on the website peeling them off and sticking back on the paper. We tried that after the trip, and they didn’t stick so we just threw them out. Still, overall we were very pleased with how well they lasted.

I just created personalized covers. waiting for them to be shipped. Yours look great I can’t wait.

Ours shipped in a day or two, and took a few days to get here from England. Probably less than a week from the time I ordered to when I had them in hand.

Please post a picture when you get them - we’d love to see them.

I seen a post somewhere saying that nail polish or acrylic paint is fine and anything can usually work just don’t use metal Over the Mickey head. So my question is what about the metallic looking nail polishes and acrylics, they have small pieces of metal to give the look are they ok to use? I would really like to do mine in a copper color or gold. But want to make sure it will still work.

I had painted my first band, did not paint over the Mickey, but I applied several layers of clear nail polish over the whole band and at times it made the band have a hard time being read, last time I left the mickey head alone and had no problems.

I know this does not answer your question, it only shows you what my experience was.