Decorating Magic Bands

@Iheartepcot thanks! I found the p & f tattoos at Party City on clearance for $1.00! I have a picky DH and DS7 says the only characters he likes are sorcerer Mickey and p & f. It was harder choosing which ones to put on mine and DD’s since we love all of the princesses! We have lots of tattoos leftover I plan on bringing with and hopefully spreading the magic with.

2 Likes

I did not put a base on first and I have no idea if it makes a difference or not? lol

My BIGGEST problem… Finding boys’ tattoos :frowning: I could only find Avengers tonight. Avengers IS Disney right?

@HDN2WDW did you try a party store? I went to Party City and there was your Fab 5, Jake and Phineas and Ferb. I was hoping for Star Wars, but no luck on that one. I think Avengers is Disney.

We live a distance from a party store… I was limited to Walmart and Family Dollar. I should have planned better. HDN2WDW in SEVEN DAYS! :wink: My sons would have loved P&F

I found Cars and Monsters U.

8 Likes

Has anyone actually worn their decorated bands? How did they hold up?

I’ve worn mine multiple times and they’ve held up fine.

2 Likes

Good to know… I’ll try to upload the picture of my attempt at the boys’ bands :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Sorcerers_Apprentice any problem scanning them with the polish or tattoo over the Mickey emblem?

Not at all. Some people put crystals and the like over the Mickey head and it still works.

All done.

5 Likes

Well, we finally decorated our Magic Bands! We did not use a base coat and just applied the tattoos directly to the bands first…then just covered with clear polish. We leave soon for our trip and I’ll try to post an ‘after’ photo of the bands if they survive. But now, here’s a look at our handiwork. I did use some glitter polish on some and then sealed that with a clear coat. Kids are happy. (we have a lot of bands because have a split stay and they sent us two sets of bands). We got all the tattoos at a party store. (A & E, Avengers, Mickey, Ariel, etc.)

2 Likes

Just a little post-script after our trip! All the Magic Bands that were fully covered with clear and/or glitter nail polish held up through an entire week of sunscreen and waterparks and pools. My green glitter band with mickeys got a lot of notice. My husband only did a few tattoos and only covered the actual tattoo with clear polish and his MB tattoos rubbed off immediately…so, if you go this route with your Magic Bands, throughly cover them with the polish. Have fun!

3 Likes

My magic bands arrived on Saturday and I painted it on Sunday, DH still has to paint his, but I wanted to share mine:

6 Likes

I didn’t know you could cover the mickey head! Did your tattoos turn out bright enough? My Olaf is almost transparent.

Have to decorate a band for a ‘sassy senior’. Know she’d like bling instead of characters. Suggestions on adhering small crystals so they don’t fall off?

You’ll be better off with big sparkle nail polish vs crystals. Smooth is better / wont catch on things. I use unique tattoos of flowers, suns, etc vs Disney characters on mine. They also sell detail nail polish pens which work great,

Thought I would share mine, too. Mickey and Minnie and a subtle Frozen theme (using just the snowflakes and rosemaling from a Frozen tattoo set)

3 Likes