Decorating Magic Bands

WOW! They look amazing! thanks for posting.

My Frozen magic band. I’m pretty happy with it.

10 Likes

I love that, @BeckyVee!

1 Like

Final princess band. I think it might be my favorite.

6 Likes

Nice Frozen band @BeckyVee

@Sorcerers_Apprentice how do you put the tattoos over the holes on the MBs? Do you just poke through them with something? It looks so nice and smooth!

I just put the tattoo right over the holes. sometimes they cover them. Sometimes they don’t.

Here’s one more that I did on a generic room only gray band. Covered it with gold nail polish.

11 Likes

Has anyone just applied the tatoos without the clear nail polish base or is that necessary? How about Modge Podge? Just curious to all decorating options as my mb just arrived!

Have not tried applying directly to the band. I’m pretty sure it would work though.

1 Like

Gave this a try for the first time!!

http://instagram.com/p/rQdy-Hh82Q/1
http://instagram.com/p/rQdy-Hh82Q/

I applied them directly to the MB without doing a clear coat first, seemed to work fine. I will see how they hold up. I wish that we all had yellow, though! The other colors just weren’t quite as good.

1 Like

5 Likes

Good news is the white under his right arm is just a glare of the flesh shout out to @Sorcerers_Apprentice…, I followed her directions came out great

2 Likes

Here are our finished Magic Bands. Thanks tI you all for your help. These two are FSN and DH’s bands.

2 Likes

Here is mine and DD4’s.

2 Likes

I agree with the yellow. On my DS7’s blue band, Phineas and Ferb look like smurfs!

I so wish that I had found P&F tattoos! The whole family loves them. I know what I’ll do next time. I went with pooh because it’s gender neutral and we all love the characters. But we love P&F even more.

And l all of yours are super cute!

Does the nail polish crack at all? Or does it stay smooth on the band?

oh…like your glitter!!!

@staceyj - My nail polish was fine for the short term. There was some cracking on the bands I decorated in May when I got them out for my July trip. Thinking that if I had stored them in the “closed” position, it may not have happened. It was barely noticeable though.