Deal. Breaker. Enough. It’s too much now

I am curious as the reasoning behind turning off the scents. I don’t question that there is a reason…just wondering what it is.

Best I can figure is that they don’t want folks on the ride purposely taking in deep breaths, or pulling down their masks to get a better smell, etc?

But I wouldn’t otherwise think there would be any danger in having the scents there still, leaving me curious.

2 Likes

How well can you smell scents through a mask? (I don’t know.)

1 Like

Maybe the smells should be left on as a screening tool. “If you cannot smell oranges/trees/etc. on this ride, you need to leave” :smile:

16 Likes

That’s a good question. I imagine, based on the fit for most people’s mask, that the smells wouldn’t be inhibited too much. I think few people are wearing masks properly for SELF protection, but they are wearing masks fine (as in, better than nothing) for protection of others. But the gaps around the nose and/or along the sides would still allow drawing in of enough air to smell something.

Again, I’d prefer they keep it off if there is any reason to think it might contribute to a problem…but still curious as to Disney’s thinking!

It’s never real until the day of for @sanstitre_has_left_the_building

Anything can happen! I predict that he brings little baggies of grass and other scents to smell in the ride thi get the full experience.

4 Likes

If you can be bothered to read this, you’ll see I’m currently planning on ditching FW altogether.

1 Like

It’s really hard to keep up on all your threads. Add in the hyperbole (which I am fond of using IRL but gets me in trouble here) and I think my best bet is to wait for your trip report. Um. The real one.

2 Likes

You people are mean.

Easily confused should not = mean.

Your trip is a long way off. I stand by my prediction. :smile:

3 Likes

We’re ten plans ahead of you, though. We know what you will end up doing, even if you don’t know it yet yourself. You’re THAT predictable! :wink:

4 Likes

What if they open a Starbucks?

1 Like

They have opened a temporary one. It’s between WS and FW, so I could stop off on the way round WS.

So much! This is actually my biggest pet peeve with UOR, it always makes me cringe.

Maybe it’s an air re-circulation question?

What if the scents weren’t vented out but re-circulated.

OMG are we smelling second-hand smells?!?
(or is that second-nosed?)

1 Like

I shouldn’t really divulge this, but those smells are natural body odors of cast members who were specifically hired for their smell.

6 Likes

I would think it’s the blowing of air into people’s faces. I don’t think I would feel comfortable and would probably avoid rides that did.

I’ll just plan to put a dab of Seventh Generation Summer Orchard dish soap on my mask and sniff away. :nose::joy:

Oh I’ve just realised what @sanstitre_has_left_the_building meant. I haven’t done RotR.

Have you been anywhere with “smells” in a mask? I’m sensitive and have to use fragrance-free products. I was surprised to realize that going into stores with lots of scents (such as Walgreens) or the laundry or bath soap aisles of the grocery store is a killer for me. The scents get trapped inside my mask and don’t dissipate. Maybe WDW doesn’t want folks taking off their masks to get rid of the smells?